Job description / Role
Algorythma seeks to hire a junior business minded Legal Counsel, to join the team based in Abu Dhabi. This position reports directly to the General Counsel at Algorythma. This will be an opportunity for the right candidate to utilize the combined foundations of a strong brand name, corporate infrastructure, and the resources of one of the most respected and successful regional alternative investment platform.
The successful candidate will work within the legal team on assisting the IP needs of the business, general commercial matters, corporate governance and compliance and other ad hoclegal matters from time to time relevant to Algorythma and its subsidiaries (Matters).
- may derive from deals and due diligence exercise involving acquisitions or VC deals but also day to day matters for existing companies;
- these Matters will also include standard KYC and certification (to name a few of the Ã¢â‚¬Â˜monotonousÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ tasks).
- whatever Matters are passed on to the candidate have to be dealt with (regardless of whether these happen to be Ã¢â‚¬Â˜monotonousÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ or exciting with this deemed as second nature for this Algorythma in-house role).
- The desired candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of post-qualification experience.
- The candidate must be qualified from common law jurisdiction.
- The candidate must be bilingual with strong knowledge of English and Arabic languages.
- Strong knowledge of corporate and company law is also desired.
The successful candidate must be a tech/IP lawyer but equally adept and willing to manage a diverse portfolio and varying workstreams. He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Drafting, negotiating, interpreting and advising on IP related agreements such as licensing agreements, assignments, technology transfers and NDAs.
- Pro-active management of an international trade mark portfolio.
- Evaluating inventions, particular regarding software, to determine patentability.
- Protecting and securing ownership of copyright and other IP rights with employees and third parties.
- General commercial work with an IP focus including sale and purchase of goods and services, consultancy agreements, software licensing and software development agreements and other IP/IT related commercial agreements.
- Review and assist in managing legal risk to Algorythma and its subsidiaries.
- Develop and assist in managing legal policies and advise on regulatory changes that impact Algorythma and its subsidiaries.
- Ensure timely delivery of first rate legal services.
- Assist with all Algorythma and subsidiary registrations, licensings, filings and maintenance of appropriate records.
- Assist in the drafting, review and execution of commercial agreements.
- Conduct research into legal issues as needed.
- General employment matters relating to Algorythma and its subsidiaries.
- General compliance matters relating to Algorythma and its subsidiaries
- Any other ad-hoc legal matters relating to Algorythma and its subsidaries.
- Diligently perform all such duties as would normally be expected.
- Qualified lawyer in private practice or as a legal counsel in business environment
- Knowledge and experience dealing with legal issues relating to technology sector, particularly software.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial/IP law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
About the Company
Algorythma is a first-rate end-to-end technology service company, Algorythma creates impactful products backed with experience from leading corporations and institutions across the globe.
Our team is passionate, highly skilled and specialized when it comes to creating technologies that deliver turnkey solutions and lead corporations through elevating change on a large scale. It's worth mentioning that, the team is driven by the desire to build exceptional products. We are committed to building market leaders in industries we operate, and we continue to evolve our technology and business models to deliver value to our eco-system.
At Algorythma, technology is at the heart of all that we do. From identifying issues that impact lives, to supporting experts in creating solutions, we focus on building products and teams that transform industries and the boundaries of business with technology.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Bilingual Legal Counsel - Arabic And English Speaking
|Abu Dhabi||9 Dec|
TGC Consulting Middle East
Legal Counsel (Oil & Gas)
Sole Legal Counsel - Asset Management Company