Job description / Role
As the Legal Counsel for Data Privacy, you will provide essential legal advice to the company and ensure that they are meeting all compliance requirements.
A major telecommunications operator with presence across the Middle East.
* Develop and manage the Data Protection and Governance program within the company
* Stay up to date with local data protection laws of the UAE, DIFC, and ADGM.
* Stay up to date with international data protection laws such as the GDPR.
* Provide insight and advice on new data privacy laws and regulations and necessary steps the company needs to take to comply with them.
* Identify new methods of data protection and compliance and present to senior stakeholders within the company.
* Review and manage existing data protection practices within the company.
* Manage internal legal function and mentor the legal team.
* Competitive, tax-free salary and incentive structure.
* Opportunity to work for a leading telecommunications operator in the region.
* Dynamic, exciting environment with a focus on expansion.
* 5+ years of experience in a data privacy and protection focused role.
* Experience in a telecommunications or technology company AND/OR technology focused private practice.
* Common Law qualified.
* Strong understanding of GDPR regulation.
* Excellent communication, stakeholder management and leadership skills.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.