Job description / Role
Oracle has an unwavering commitment to comply with the laws of the United States and other countries in which it operates and to act with integrity in all its business dealings. The Oracle Compliance & Ethics (" C&E ") team helps ensure that Oracle's business is conducted in accordance with internal policy and applicable law.
Oracle C&E is seeking to hire a Compliance Counsel to join the EMEA Compliance & Ethics team. The Compliance Counsel will report to the Managing Counsel for MENA to implement Oracle's compliance program in the region with guidance from EMEA and Global compliance leadership. Responsibilities will include advising management on law and policy, conducting and managing internal investigations and remediation actions, educating Oracle employees and Oracle's third party business partners on the policies and rules that govern Oracle business, and at all times serving as a trusted advisor to Oracle about all aspects of legal regulations and compliance and ethics.
This role is ideally suited for a lawyer with 5+ years of proven experience in a dedicated compliance role or experience in a similar legal position. The candidate hired will have fluent English. Ability to communicate in any other languages spoken in the region (in particular Arabic) is an asset and will be strongly preferred. The role will require travel, excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to collaborate successfully with various corporate stakeholders in a matrixed environment.
This role will be reporting into Oracle's Managing Counsel, Middle East & North Africa. This role will be based in Dubai, UAE.
- Work closely with the Managing Counsel, Compliance & Ethics to Implement the Oracle Compliance and Ethics program in Middle East & North Africa.
- Advise management on the Company's compliance with laws and regulations.
- Review and enforce applicable policies, including the Oracle Code of Conduct & Business Ethics, to ensure compliance with Oracle policy and applicable laws.
- Work with EMEA and Global compliance teams to identify concerns and establish standards and propagate best practices.
- Use investigation metrics to identify trends and areas of compliance risk and work with EMEA and Global compliance teams to design a plan to mitigate the risk
- Create and manage action plans as part of efforts to continually enhance the Company's compliance program.
- Collaborate across the EMEA Compliance and Ethics team to execute on Oracle's Global C&E programmatic initiatives and/or remedial measures, and to ensure such measures are promptly implemented.
- Law degree from a top institution
- 5+ years post qualification experience in a compliance role
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English, additional fluency in Arabic preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% in the region
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent judgment and capacity to make decisions that demonstrate an unwavering commitment to integrity and ethical decision making
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Al Boom Marine
In-house Legal Counsel
Ignite Search & Selection
Legal and Compliance Officer
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Head of Legal
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)