Job description / Role
The Legal Counsel will support the GE Healthcare Partners business in the Eastern Growth Markets region (Turkey and Middle East) as well as other GEHC businesses in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- In particular, the Legal Counsel will support the relevant businesses on e.g.:
- Working with the business' commercial teams for the region as a business partner to help identify opportunities to drive business forward and support growth opportunities and initiatives e.g. in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing commercial transactions, assisting with tender
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating consultancy agreements, equipment sales and services contracts
- Developing standardized, commercial models/contracts and ensuring systematic use by the commercial teams
- Providing specialist advice on matters of local law across the region, in particular on public procurement laws, competition laws, data and privacy laws, civil and commercial codes and integrity laws (anti-bribery and anti-corruption)
- Delivering impactful training to the business' commercial and other teams in relation to legal, regulatory and compliance matters
- Attending to matters of corporate housekeeping such as related to powers of attorney, shareholder meetings and shareholding structures
- Managing outside counsel, when brought in to assist
- Managing disputes and litigation
- Providing legal analysis and advising business partners on potential legal and compliance risks
- Providing advice working in collaboration with the Regulatory and Compliance specialists in the business, in particular in relation to healthcare compliance and healthcare regulatory matters
- Supporting the development and maintenance of a strong culture of compliance including supporting Compliance projects
- LL.B (or equivalent) with 4-6 years of PQE
- Fluent in English and Arabic, including drafting of legal documentation
- Experience working / advising on legal and compliance related matters in a law firm or multinational business, preferably in healthcare industry and/or regulated industry and/or experience advising on legal and compliance matters under the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Keen interest in and experience of partnering with clients (with interpersonal and team work skills to do so); applying combined business and legal judgment to deals, relationships and other issues requiring legal or compliance attention
- Previous experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in a fast paced environment or matrix organization; adaptable
- High ethics and integrity, mature and independent, clear in logic and good in judgment, able to work with self-motivation
- Effective communicator
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with cross-functional and cross region teams, able to work under pressure and willing to take challenges
- Ability to travel in the region
About Us: GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.