Legal Counsel - Investment Management
Job description / Role
As Legal Counsel you will be responsible for providing legal advice and support to our client, ensuring compliance with local regulations and laws, and managing legal risks.
Our client is a major investment management entity in Abu Dhabi.
* Reviewing and negotiating various types of investment-related contracts, including but not limited to Share Purchase Agreements (SPA), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), legal documents related to the establishment of SPVs for our client's portfolio companies as well as advising on corporate governance and drafting of board resolutions.
* Providing legal advice and guidance to the investment team on regulatory matters, including compliance with local laws, regulations, and guidelines.
* Managing relationships with external counsel, including coordinating, and managing legal matters.
* Conducting legal research and analysis to support business decision-making.
* Advising on corporate governance matters and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
* Working collaboratively with the investment team and other stakeholders to identify and mitigate legal risks.
* Reviewing and negotiating various types of commercial contracts as needed.
* Supporting with the resolution of disputes and litigation matters as needed.
* Competitive, tax-free salary
* Clear path for progression within the business
* Qualified in the UK or an analogous Commonwealth jurisdiction, with a minimum of four years PQE.
* LLB from a recognised university required, LLM preferred.
* Previous experience working in investments or financial services sector, in private practice or an in-house capacity.
* Must be extremely organised and understand the importance of attention to detail.
* Ability to learn quickly, manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
* Excellent legal research and analysis skills
* Fluency in English is mandatory, Arabic would be an advantage.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Legal and Compliance Counsel
|Abu Dhabi||28 Mar|
Senior Legal Counsel
TGC Middle East
Legal Director - Real Estate Asset Management