Job description / Role
A fortune 500 company within the healthcare/medical industry is looking for a Legal Counsel to look after the UAE business for approx 1 year with a flexible working arrangement: 2-3 days per week or half day agreement for a period of approx 12 months
A NYSE listed global conglomerate within healthcare and consumer products
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating corporate and commercial agreements which will include: standard and non-standard customised contracts, service agreements, supply agreements, distribution agreements, consultancy agreements.
* Serving as first point of contact for contract review requests from clients in ME.
* Identifying breaches of contract and, where appropriate, assisting with investigation of the breach and addressing the area of non-compliance.
* Reviewing opinions from external counsel in order to advise stakeholders.
* Providing litigation support if and when required.
* Assisting with management of law firm expenditure.
* Identifying areas of legal risk in business processes and proposing countermeasures (solutions).
* Supporting the local implementation of global compliance policies and procedures.
* Providing training to stakeholders on legislative and compliance requirements and changes and their impact on the business.
* An opportunity to gain experience at a Fortune 500 company
* Learn international best practices from a global legal team
Candidates who apply must meet all of the below criteria:
* Licensed/Qualified lawyer with 2-6 years' experience
* Availability and willingness to take on a part time and temporary assignment
* Currently based in the UAE with a competent understanding of the local laws
* Experienced handling Corporate Commercial work for a Multinational
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.