Job description / Role
Legal Director - Dubai based Asset Management company
This hire will be the most senior lawyer for an impressive asset management business, covering a range of complex cross border transactions in funds, M&A and capital markets
One of the leading players in the UAE asset management market. Dealing with both local and international products in the emerging markets. Functions include Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Asset Management, Treasury, Equity Derivatives and more
Small legal team which has been historically very stable and sees exceptionally low turnover
* Structuring, drafting and negotiation re investment products, managed accounts, investment funds and vehicles and terms of investment
* Involvement in M&A from time to time as required
* Strong cross team interaction with the Capital Markets division
* Oversight and compliance re general securities and regulatory laws and regulations
* Advising the various business lines with regards to day to day regulatory issues and requirements
On offer is a senior Director level position in a hugely successful and stable business, where you can take a lead role in some of the most exciting funds related work in the region. You will work in conjunction with top global law firms, and will be reporting to a laid back COO who is known for their reputation in this area.
There is a highly competitive salary on offer for the right candidate.
To be considered you MUST have:
* Considerable experience in Fund structures / Asset Management & Contract law
* Experience from a top international law firm
* At least 6 years of legal experience (no upper limit on the pqe)
The ideal candidate will also have:
* Working knowledge of capital markets and M&A
* Training / experience from a Magic Circle or US law firm
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.