Job description / Role
Robert Half is working with a well-established government affiliated entity based in the UAE that is currently on the lookout for a qualified and experienced Commercial Legal Director to join their team.
* Ensuring the Legal team is effectively and efficiently providing the RA with timely high quality, consistent legal advisory services for the RA to achieve its objectives including:
* Assigning work to self and other Legal team members;
* Peer reviewing important advice;
* Maintaining the legal advice database;
* Managing large legal projects.
* Managing external legal resources;
* Assisting in the management of all litigation for the RA including all administrative proceedings and court actions;
* Developing and proposing any policy or legal changes for the RA, including the preparation of draft regulations and rules needed for the effective registration and regulation of commercial business (that is, non-financial services businesses);
* Managing the public consultation process with respect to legislative changes proposed by the RA;
* In conjunction with the Policy team, considering and where appropriate responding to policy queries from internal and external stakeholders;
* Undertaking a regular review of the international registration legislative landscape and propose any relevant proposals for improvement for consideration by the RA;
* Managing relationships with external stakeholders, including international regulators, market participants and any other relevant stakeholders;
* Monitoring and seeking to improve the internal processes and procedures of the Legal team.
* Managing administrative duties such as HR matters for direct reports.
* Creates an environment where team members consistently drive to improve performance
* Manages team with full accountability for achieving overall agreed objectives
* Manages by effectively empowering team members
* Takes responsibility for mentoring high potential and most critical talent in their career progression
* Reviews performance of team and addresses performance issues quickly through clear decisions
Information Security related
* Understand, adopt, adhere and practice responsibilities or controls
* Information Security policy and as per best practices explained in the induction and awareness sessions.
* Specialist knowledge in registration, licensing processes and post registration processes and procedures.
* Company secretariat exposure.
* Admitted as a barrister or solicitor in a well-recognized common law jurisdiction and the ability to obtain a racticing certificate.
* At least a Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent qualification in law.
* 12-14 years of experience in a commercial legal function.
* Excellent skills, knowledge and experience in legal and policy matters pertaining to the registration, incorporation and licensing of legal entities.
* Excellent leadership and management skills.
* Excellent negotiating skills.
* Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
* Fluency in business English.
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Ras Al Khaimah||11 Apr|
Group Legal Advisor
Senior Legal Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||16 Mar|
Senior Legal Counsel
MBG Corporate Services