Job description / Role
Interesting role which mixes legal responsibilities with wider business and FS tasks. The client is one with an prominent name on the global scale, and the workload is cutting edge.
My client is a professional services business with offices worldwide and a strong presence in the UAE. They have business interests in various areas including legal, FS, investment management, regulatory and more.
Truly international flavour to the work and this is reflected by the personnel in the business - largely made up of Western qualified professionals.
* This hire will have involvement in transactions such as structured finance, debt capital markets, securitisations, asset finance and more.
* The role will involve contract review, KYC, dealing with regulatory changes, business development and more.
* The responsibilities are diverse and may change depending on the candidate's specific skill set and abilities.
Hybrid roles such as this do not come up often, the diverse mix of responsibilities which bridge the gap between legal and FS offer something unique. It is therefore the ideal left-field option for a capital markets / asset finance lawyer who is fed up of the traditional law firm model and seeking something different.
The structure of the team is such that this hire will be a key advisor to senior management and there are good prospects for progression on offer as a result.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
* Minimum 5 years of experience
* Experience of (at least one of): Capital Markets, Securitisations, Asset Finance
* Experience of offshore work (ideally from BVI / Cayman)
* Qualification in EITHER Law or Accounting
Experience in the right types of transactions is the most important thing, so if you do not tick all of the other boxes I may still be interested in speaking with you.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Regional Head of Legal - Multinational Business
Al Boom Marine
Dispute Resolution Associate
Legal and Compliance Officer
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited