Job description / Role
• Provide legal advice on rights and obligations of the company.
• Draft and review contracts such as leases, licenses, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, etc.
• Assist the board in strategic growth decisions not just in this region but globally.
• My client is a global conglomerate in the FMCG and Food & Beverage sectors. The group has operations in several countries and cover a range of segments including processed foods, coffee, cosmetics, commodities and more.
• Currently the company is planning some very exciting growth not just in the UAE but in particular across Europe. They are looking to open operations in London, Spain, Ukraine and several other EU countries.
• Drafting and vetting of all forms of commercial contracts and agreements including distribution agreements, supplier agreements, lease agreements, trade marks, etc
• Involvement in transactional corporate work such as M&A and JVs
• Protecting the company's IP rights
• Managing external counsel and maintaining effective relationships with them
• You will be the sole legal counsel reporting into the CEO and board of directors so it is a very high responsibility role.
• Over time this hire will progress to a Head of Legal position and the board will look to grow a legal team around you.
• Given the growth ambitions of the company this is an exciting time to join and be a key part of the company's vision for the future
To be considered you MUST fulfil the following criteria:
• Experience of working both in a law firm AND in-house
• Qualified in a common law jurisdiction - UK/US/Australia ideally
• Minimum of 6 years legal experience
• Experience of working on commercial contracts as well as transactional corporate matters
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.