Job description / Role
Manage a team of secretaries, ensuring even spread of workload between the secretarial allocation, dealing with absence and holiday requests. Assist in the induction of new joiners (support and fee earners). Main point of contact for the secretaries and the wider team which includes partners and fee earners. Help maintain good morale among secretaries, monitor performance and provide feedback for reviews. Be proactive with new initiatives and training needs for the secretary team. Manage sensibly and effectively difficult conversations with all team members, take a pragmatic approach and find solutions to overcome any issues.
• Creating and amending documents, correspondence and emails, to a high degree of accuracy and to tight deadlines
• Opening new files through Intapp Open, identify and collect the required KYC documents for new clients
• Scheduling meetings with clients, booking meeting rooms, video conferencing etc
• Managing partner / fee earners' diaries and travel arrangements (flights/taxis/hotel accommodation)
• Coordinate the billing process on behalf of the partner, liaise with the case handlers in respect of any changes and instructions to finance to finalise the invoices; sending invoices out to clients
• Assisting fee earners with adding time entries on Intapp Time
• Updating the firm's client database on Interaction
• Responsible for secretarial allocation, ensuring workflow is maintained, making changes as necessary
• Monitor workload, ensuring work is evenly distributed. Evaluate on a regular basis and discuss with secretaries to ensure no under/over capacity, thus ensuring secretarial services are being used as efficiently as possible
• Ensuring all deadlines are met within the team
• Authorise leave for the team, ensuring adequate resources are maintained to cover the workload
• Provide test material for interviews and assess results
• Manage and facilitate the interview process for secretaries
• Provide training for new secretaries as necessary and making sure each secretary attends all mandatory training
• Monitor performance during probationary period, ensuring work is produced according to house style
• Participate in new joiner process and ensure partners, fee earners and secretaries are properly integrated; ensure new joiners have the necessary access to the relevant software, training and documents for their role
• Ensure buddy system is working and assist with integration of new secretaries into the team
• Good standard of education; a secretarial qualification is desirable
• At least 3-5 years of experience as a senior legal secretary in an international law firm
• Prior supervisory/coaching role experience
• Good delegator and comfortable in a supervisory role
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent IT skills in MS Office
• Organised and able to work to tight deadlines
• Able to work independently or as part of a team and carry out all duties with total confidentiality
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Group In UAE
Office Administrator / Customer Service Assistant