Job description / Role
Our client, an international law firm based in the UAE is currently looking for a Legal Secretary who will deliver an outstanding and effective secretarial service to partners and fee earners for their Corporate and Commercial Department.
- Providing administration support to partners, managers and associates.
- Document typing, analysis and proofing, amending (including track changes) and formatting documents as required.
- Creating and amending documents, managing correspondence and emails.
- Opening new files on the system, preparation of client forms.?
- Scheduling meetings, taking calls from clients, travel arrangements, billing and filing and light reception duties.
- Managing the Managing Partners PA work.
- Scheduling meetings and conferences.
- Mailbox management and hard/soft copy filing.
- Drafting documents including legal correspondence, documents and reports.
- Taking and transcribing oral dictation of notes, memos and legal documents.
- Receiving queries from clients and distributing them to relevant lawyers, liaising with clients.
- Entering and editing time sheets.
- Preparing Trial Bundles and documents for court hearings.
- Preparing and drafting Engagement Letters.
- Assisting lawyers and witnesses in Court.
- Managing incoming communications.
- Extensive and proactive diary and email management.
- Organising travel arrangements.
- Updating and maintaining client contact database.
- Arranging departmental meetings and events
- Undertaking compliance and KYC.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Fast and accurate touch typing skills with outstanding attention to detail.
• Proven ability and experience in preparing legal documentation
• Experience working within a team, but equally comfortable working alone.
• Highly skilled in MS Office applications.
• Organized and efficient, able to work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. No Arabic required.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• Good organizational skills.
• Committed team player.
• Good client management skills.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.