Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known company is currently looking for a L2 – IT Service Desk Officer who will be responsible for performing data governance activities.
He/She will be responsible for proper prioritization, logging and initial troubleshooting of all incoming requests for support from internal and external users via phone and email in a pleasant and professional manner. This position will perform initial troubleshooting of all developed applications and systems, desktop and mobile related operating systems, other 3rd party software, and peripheral devices.
• Assist users in the resolution of problems related to systems operations.
• Performs advanced diagnostic testing, analysis and optimization of all desktop devices and components.
• Utilizes advanced knowledge of desktop computer devices, operation systems, configurations, service desk support systems and tools, and other related support procedures.
• Helps maintain an inventory of all desktop, mobile devices and network components.
• Follows established Service Desk support policies and procedures.
• Works with outside vendors to resolve problems and coordinate implementing solutions Developments and helps prepare, document, test, and maintain system disaster recovery procedures.
• Obtains user and management approval prior to implementing changes into the live environment.
• Follows established changed control procedures.
• Provides timely problem resolution progress updates to end-users and management until full resolution has occurred, escalates issues on a timely basis, follows IT incident & problem escalation procedure.
• Continuously monitors work order system for reported issues and closes work-orders on a timely basis.
• Documents support calls so problem determination and solutions can be identified upon re-occurrence, identifies recurring incidents as problems and notifies management accordingly.
• Support email, or phone calls has been reviewed before leaving for the day. All incidents and requests must be acknowledged with user and appropriate priority and resolution expectations established.
• Provide 2nd level deskside/phone/email based technical support to internal customers.
• Provide 24/7 Global availability support to VIPs/Executives and their respective PAs for their application and hardware support.
• Support Win 7/Win 10, Office 2010/2016, VDI (win 2016) Lync 2010, Skype for business, Pulse secure VPN, Citrix.
• Provide support for market data toolsets (Eikon, Bloomberg, Factset), triaging trading tools (Swift, Flextrade, ERAM, Simcorp)
• Support employees within a desktop and trading platforms environment. Users include, Traders, Front Office staff, Middle Office, Back Office, Operations.
• Mobility support for company iPhone/iPad (Mobile iron, Good for Enterprise)
• Provide high level of customer service in an often-pressurized environment
• Adhere to VIP SLAs and compliance/audit regulations (ITIL environment
• Incident tracking utilising BMC Remedy/SmartIT/MyIT
• Involved in multiple self-driven initiatives and improvement projects to drive up customer satisfaction and reduce repetitive incidents at the root cause
• Support covering desk side (face to face), remote, home-VPN support as well as out of hours support / on call remote support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience, Require
• Four plus years of experience supporting and trouble-shooting computer hardware and software systems within the Information Technology field
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with desktop computer devices, operation systems, configurations, diagnostic testing, service desk support systems and tools, advanced trouble-shooting processes and procedures
• Experience working with Servers Hardware
• Experience supporting PCs running Windows 10 and Mac OS
• Experience working with wired and wireless network attached devices
• Experience working with Networking devices; modems, routers and switches
• Experience diagnosing various hardware, peripherals and software problems and PC and Mac computers
• Desired Licenses or Certifications: CCNA/ MCP/ MCSE / Network+/ A+/ Security+/ ITIL.
• Candidates with experience in troubleshooting market data toolsets (Eikon, Bloomberg, Factset), triaging trading tools (Swift, Flextrade, ERAM, Simcorp) are highly preferred
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.