Job description / Role
- Performs subject cataloging of Arabic and foreign materials on all subjects and formats, using LCSH, LC classification, and Qaimat Rus al-Mawduat al-Araabiyah.
- Performs descriptive cataloging of Arabic and foreign materials on all subjects and formats, according to AACR2, MARC21 standards, RDA rules
- Keeps up-to-date with latest developments on international standards of Bibliographic Control and metadata protocols.
- Establishes local cataloging policies to meet local requirements, which are not fully covered by international standards
- Recommends, continually reviews, and implements cataloging policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and conducts trainings on bibliographic control standards and local policies
- Participates in planning, monitoring, and reviewing the works of library assistants and other staff of the department.
- Interprets the departments' policies and procedures, and suggests areas for development and improvement
- Establishes authority records and oversees the accuracy and development of Authority Control of the bibliographic database maintenance
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor (create lists, collection statistics etc.)
- Degree in Library science
- Sound knowledge of RDA, AACR2 and MARC21
- Sound knowledge of the use of (LCSH), and Qaimat Rus al-Mawduat al-Araabiyah, LC classification.
- Ability to catalogue efficiently and accurately.
- Experience to catalog and classify Arabic and foreign materials on all subjects and formats, according to AACR2, MARC21 standards, RDA rules, LC classification, LCSH and QRMA
- Experience to use Library Systems/Platforms, Preferred OCLC
- Knowledge to create and modify authority records (name & subject) according to international standard
- At least 5 years recent experience in cataloging and classification of all materials.
- Experience using an integrated library system.
- Reading knowledge of Arabic and English.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good general IT skills (MSWord, email, internet, etc.)
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||14 Sep|
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Learning Resource Specialist/Student Assessment
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||28 Oct|