Job description / Role
VHR is actively engaging with our Middle Eastern client, a prestigious operator of VIP aircraft in the region providing a great opportunity in these challenging times.
The organisation operates a Boeing fleet of aircraft, both wide and narrow bodied, new and old generation together with a small selection of VVIP helicopters. The company is expanding and looking to find the best industry professionals, who are seeking such an opportunity, to join their organisation as soon as possible.
The main responsibility of an LAE is to provide CRS expertise and support to the Company’s fleet of Aircraft (minimum two type ratings) as and when required for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
• Organise and action maintenance on the company’s fleet.
• Organise and run teams of Licensed Mechanics to action all required planned and unplanned maintenance on the company’s fleet.
• Provide CRS on at least two types.
• An unrivalled tax-free pay and benefits package.
• Based in the Middle East
• Operating as a Lead Engineer LAE responsible for the company’s fleet aircraft and other LAE/mechanic teams.
• Working in a VIP/VVIP environment.
Ideal candidates will possess:
• Minimum 4 years working as a certifying LAE
• Licensed Engineer background – ICAO/EASA/FAA
• Hold 2 type ratings on Boeing A/C
• Minimum requirement to be current on one of the 2 types – If not current on one type refresher training will be provided to a successful candidate(s)
• Not engine type specific - If an engine type rating is not held training will be provided to a successful candidate(s)
• Solid experience in aircraft engineering and specifically line maintenance up to A Check.
• Base maintenance experience as well as line will be advantageous.
• Solid troubleshooting knowledge/experience
• A proactive way of working looking to foresee potential issues in a preventative manner wherever possible (over a reactionary one).
• Skills in reviewing and organisation of methods to fix deferred defects as well as assisting to design preventative maintenance actions to minimise deferred defects.
• Preferably worked in an airline operating both wide and narrow bodied aircraft
• Experience of Full Service Carrier airlines is preferable (but not essential)
• Experience with VIP aircraft is preferable (but not essential)
• Fluent in English Language
NOTE: Candidates who do have at least 2 Boeing Type Ratings will not be considered
About the Company
Created in 2003 by technical engineers and experienced recruiters, VHR delivers a partner-orientated approach. We are passionate about the industries where we operate, the career-enhancing support we provide and the people with whom we work.
Whether one permanent vacancy or a team of contract specialists, VHR strives to deliver the best possible staffing solutions.
As a recruitment company, we see our clients as our partners and our services as an extension of our clients’ businesses. We operate with a set of core values at the heart of everything we do.
Flying Engineer – LAE
Technical Services Engineer (Fleet Engineer) – Aircraft Systems
Licensed Mechanic / Technician
Maintenance Control Engineer
Technical Services Engineer (Fleet Engineer) – Avionic Systems