Job description / Role
Life Guard (Certified)
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the safety and security of our guests at the pool side.
Kempinski Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski's most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Is responsible for the safety set-up at the pool which includes:- Set up of the life saving floatation devices around the pool.- Rescue board ready on the pool lifeguard station- First Aid Kit at the pool chair/post- Posting of business hours.- Depth of the pool (s)- Water & Air Temperatures- Wind force/Wind speed
- Is responsible for keeping the designated and marked swimming areas free of any dangerous equipment or items
- Is responsible for keeping swimmers out of hazardous area.
- Is responsible for responding to any emergency within the hotel / swimming area / pool area
- Is responsible for the logging in and logging out of the Hotel Guests and outside guests. Ensures that activities are executed in the designated areas
- Pool activities are executed according to the Security Rules
- Is responsible for a temporary replacement while going to the bathroom and for lunch or breaks etc
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety
- To set up the Pool loungers and cushions everyday
- To assist guests needs at all times
- Is responsible to give water bottles to all guests at the pool
- To assist in manning other areas within the Health Club as needed
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Experience in a similar position for with minimum 1-2 years experience in 5 star hotel environment
- Must be Certified Life Guard of Dubai Municipality registered and of active status
- Fluency in English (Written and Spoken)
- Additional languages is a strong asset
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a consistently professional and helpful manner
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.