Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To effectively supervise the safety and welfare of all swimmers/guests in the pool and beach areas and where necessary carryout prompt rescue/emergency procedures.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements in the work place and immediately report to the Lifeguard Supervisor / Recreation Supervisor.
- To check your area on a daily basis. To make sure that it is safe, clean and fit for guests use.
- To attend daily briefings.
- Ensure all opening up, closing down procedure are adhered to daily in order to offer smooth efficient service.
- To be fully aware of and work in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plan for your department.
- Carry out a full check on all lifesaving equipment on a daily basis, complete appropriate checklist and advice your problems relating to the equipment.
- Ensure all areas are clean and equipment is in full working order.
- Enforce all Recreation Rules and Regulations for the pool and beach use.
- Maintain efficient supervision of the pool and beach using 10/20 rule.
- Be fully conversant with the Rescue / Emergency procedures and your responsibilities in the event of any emergency.
- To attend and participate in departmental and hotel training to ensure consistent delivery of product & service standards. This also includes regular swimming training, practical and theoretical lifeguard training.
- Complete training targets each month and be actively involved in any training organized by the department / hotel
- Complete Personal Training Records (Training Book)
Health & Safety
- Give immediate First Aid in the event of an injury or trauma
- To be fully aware of the fire emergency evacuation plan and health and safety regulations.
- To ensure that all accidents, incidents and hazards are reported immediately.
- To ensure that all equipment and furniture is clean and well maintained and that any hazards are repaired or removed from the operation.
- Promote a professional image and give full co-operation to all clients with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude
- To work as a team with all colleagues to ensure equality in the workplace is maintained without racial or sexual discrimination
- To comply with all hotel rules and regulations as outlined in the handbook and to be aware of company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Maintain professional confidentiality and never disclose any information relating to the Hotel / Club's internal affairs.
- Meet all legal requirements under U.A.E law and company policy
- To comply with statutory & legal requirements for fire, health & safety and employment.
- To report for duty in good time, clean & tidy and wearing the correct departmental uniform standard.
- To give full co-operation to any colleague requiring assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner and to be flexible in assisting around the Hotel in response to business and clients needs.
- To assist in creating an environment which promotes staff morale, encourages employees to have pride in their department and their skills ensuring maximum efficiency.
- To assist in the delivery of departmental service standards.
- Any other duties as and when requested by the Head of Department.
- Actively seeks feedback from customers rather than wait for complaints.
- Critically evaluates one's own performance and consistently sets high standards.
- Insists on clarity of roles, functions and tasks.
- Sets up and maintains systems of information, ensures procedures are being followed.
- Consistently produces error free output.
- Is always concerned with maintaining standards accuracy and quality.
- Willing to share freely knowledge, information, ideas and experience to assist others.
- Gives credit and recognition to others.
- Talks frequently about the importance of considering other departments as part of the overall team.
- Works with and supports others as part of a team both within and across functions.
- Understands the needs to work together to create an environment of cooperation and mutual responsibility.
- Encourages two-way communications, confirms the message has been understood and seeks feedback.
- Convey a message, verbally or in writing to both individual and groups.
- Shows awareness / sensitivity/ tolerance towards cultural differences by moderating own cultural behaviors.
- Encourages teamwork within the team as well as with other teams, departments and divisions
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.