Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Lighting Designer to join our ME Lighting team. You should have a Bachelors degree educated in architecture, interior design, or industrial design. Experience in lighting design.
Your new role, what's involved
• Bring relevant lighting design experience
• Have a full understanding of the lighting design process; with a proven track record of successfully completing lighting design projects across all stages and its deliverables - and normally work under the supervision and guidance of a Senior Consultant or Principal.
• Can express my design ideas both verbally and visually, delivering unique and high-quality lighting design concepts, tailored to specific client briefings while reacting to changes and proposing "out of the box" ideas.
• Consider the lighting design from a holistic whole-building approach, rather than a systems-based approach.
• Able to develop high-quality hand-sketches.
• Have strong proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Dialux or Relux, AutoCad, Microsoft Office, and a good understanding of Revit and BIM.
• Can provide support in the production of deliverables from concept to tender stages, including concept presentations, luminaire specifications, control schedules, calculations, BOQ, layouts and details drawings.
• Have experience with the conceptual and technical project development, preparing documents to be shared with the wider team.
• Create lighting design documents such as reports and presentations in a creative way with understandable and visually appealing content (technically and in written English).
• Create specifications in line with the relevant technical project requirements.
• Can demonstrate strong project management capabilities
• Work independently, in the context of the liaison above.
• Liaise with the architect, landscape architect and interior design disciplines (including those in my own team, and other WSP disciplines) through these stages.
• Support and liaise with other specialist teams including technical and commercial disciplines if and where required.
• Supervise contractors' lighting design implementation with a hands-on level of involvement and excellent technical knowledge and depth.
• Liaise with suppliers to hold technical workshops in line with new and innovative product trends.
• Understand the profile and capabilities of the people around me and know when to draw on their experience.
• Undertake on-site reviews to support technical inspections.
• A team player
• I'm excited to be part of a growing Lighting Design team within WSP.
• Bring a technical understanding of the relevant code standards in the (lighting) industry.
• Ensure that Health & Safety and environmental sustainability is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies.
• Visit conferences and exhibitions to enhance my knowledge on latest market trends and openly share findings within the team.
• Attend technical workshops and learning sessions with manufacturers and fabricators with detailed understanding of installation processes and share my learning with the team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelors degree educated in architecture, interior design, or industrial design.
• Have a formal qualification in architectural lighting design (Masters degree or similar) a fully qualified professional with 2 years working experience in a similar role with directly
• Relevant lighting design consultancy experience.
• A people person, with excellent written and verbal skills.
• Capable of working independently and remotely from my core team.
What's in it for you
What if we can have work-life balance What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs What if we can be accepted for who we are Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.