Job description / Role
We are looking for a Linux Operations Engineer who is responsible for the operational support maintenance of our cloud platform. The Linux Operations Engineer ensures maximum uptime of our deployments and performs any required system updates in the form of patches, hotfixes or upgrades. He or she is also part of the escalation, issue triage and technical support processes. He or she will assist with prioritization of technical issues, escalations to engineering team, and coordinating resolutions with our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Engage with our client to design, deploy, implement or integrate the product into staging or production environment effectively, seamlessly and securely
• Responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environment with initial onboarding, upgrades and recovery
• Follow production support processes to document day to day support activities, contribute to knowledge base and improve our overall accuracy and efficiency.
• Support our 24/7/365 always-up, always available production services
• Minimum 3 years proven work experience as a Linux Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar in a Linux production environment.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Self-driven, motivated and results oriented, customer-centric mindset
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
• Expert level experience with server-level operating systems (Windows & Linux), facilitating high-level engineering, architectural design and support with a strong grounding in common network technologies
• Experience identifying opportunities that can improve efficiency of operations and IT processes
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or Ansible
• Strong experience developments experience with shell, Python, Ruby etc.
• Develop and maintain system documentation, including diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions
• Exposure to DevOps technologies like GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack, or similar is a strong plus.
About the Company
Executive Solutions is a different breed of talent consultancy. Driven by a unique philosophy, we think differently and act differently from the pack. Were here to do one thing: to improve our clients businesses by finding, focusing and delivering the most talented people.
We dont just do traditional contingency recruitment. Discovering talent is much more than just matching a CV to a vacancy - its about understanding companys corporate culture and ensuring a comprehensive match. We believe that in order to find the right candidate we must understand the motivations and ambitions of senior management, which is reflected in our personal approach when partnering with a client.
Executive Solutions is your trusted talent solutions partner head quartered in Dubai, specialising in direct talent, tailored talent and HR talent solutions, along with Nationalisation initiatives throughout the Middle East. Driven by a unique philosophy, we incorporate innovative and comprehensive talent management solutions each tailored to suit what our clients need.