Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To receive and give a warm welcome to our guests, providing an efficient and courteous approach at all times.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition and prompt cordial attention
- Greet all guests as they enter and exit the hotel while ensuring service standards are followed.
- Be an Ambassador for the hotel at all time, encouraging guests to come back.
- Engage in conversation with first time visitors, showing them the lobby and offering directions as required.
- Consistently offer a professional and friendly greeting, and provide engaging service
- Be familiar with the entire hotel's operations in order to assist guests at all time.
- Ensure all members consistently receive all benefits, and repeat guests and other VIP 's receive special recognition and service
- Liaise closely with Concierge, Butler and Raffles Club for Hotel events, restaurant promotions, Limousine requirements and special VIP requests or preparations.
- Prepare compendiums prior guest arrival and check-into system if necessary
- Maintain close contact with Airport Concierge for new arrivals and departures
- Update and maintain repeat guest history system
- Promote Inter-Hotel sales and in-house facilities
- Send prepared welcome cards and amenities to room prior to guest arrival
- Attend to special requests by guests
- Handle guest complaints and refer them as necessary, follow up on corrective action
- Review arrival lists for all arrivals and VIPs to check room allocations, amenities, and special requests
- Prepare requisitions for amenities on a timely basis
- Participate in regular meetings for all Guest Relations team members, Butlers and Raffles Club staff to facilitate communications and smooth operations
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to develop rapport with colleagues and management staff
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a multi-cultural team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with guests and patrons
- Able to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Secondary education
- Minimum 2 years Guest Relations or Lobby Hostess experience preferably in a four or five-star hotel
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.