Job description / Role
Reporting to the TM/Production Director, the Logistics Manager is responsible for leading the Logistics team and managing relationships with suppliers.
• Supervise work of logistic team members region wise and ensuring that work is performed independently.
• Planning the activities and tasks assigned for all Logistics department.
• Find best work practices to fulfill the company requirements and expectations from Logistics.
• To utilize Logistics/Transportation skills in improving the operation process.
• Handling negotiations with supplier with related to Logistics/Transportation.
• Finding the best ways to minimize the Logistics cost with the same required service quality.
• Handling Logistics activities day to day work plan. Increasing the efficiency of the operation and minimizing the cost.
• Handling Logistics cost reports & setting budget.
• Maintaining all the work related to Logistics and to get the best out of the people.
• Match the targets as per prepared plans.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management and/or Supervisor.
• Manage Air and Sea Shipments.
• Supervise company vehicles maintenance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Transportation Management.
• Min 6 years of total experience and 3 years of Managerial experience in International medium to large size organizations.
• Experience in managing, mentoring and directing team members.
• Advanced experience in strategic sourcing.Capability to build and develop effective Supplier relationships.
• Knowledge of local and International Suppliers.
About the Company
LIN SCAN has been serving the oil and gas industry worldwide providing in-line inspection, repair activities and integrity support services for more than a decade. LIN SCAN products are developed matching international and local standards also suiting individual needs of the customers. LIN SCAN possesses a huge fleet of cleaning, gauging, mapping and inspection tools designed for the service of pipeline operators.
LIN SCAN services include In-line Inspection using MFL, TFI, Caliper or Geometry & UT technologies. LIN SCAN also provides Integrity Management Support Services to Oil & Gas Industry. Other main activities include: supply of cleaning pigs, supply of traps (launchers & receivers), pipeline coating services etc.