Job description / Role
To process customer's order and ensure that all incoming shipments are intact and accurate, prepare outgoing shipments, review shipment documentation such as invoices and packing lists, and maintain the inventory of shipping supplies. In addition, Logistics Assistant work with shipping vendors, coordinate returns of merchandise and manage electronic shipping files.
• Adhere to shipping/receiving and regulatory-compliance procedures
• Comply with laws, regulations, and standards
• Complete documentation such as pick lists, bills of lading, work orders and shipping orders using computer-based technology
• Complete daily shipping and receiving logs
• Dispatch freight for delivery and arrange for pickups
• Record shipment data such as weight, charges, and damages
• Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue shipping instructions and delivery of materials
• Rectify problems such as damages, shortages, and non-conformance to specifications
• Document and escalate any customer service issues and/or shipping/receiving errors
• Assist with training of new employees
• Complete safety reports in relation to health and safety issues
• Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those on your team, as well as cross-functionally.
• University Qualifications: Bachelors Degree
• Nature and length of previous experience: At least with 2 years experience as logistics assistant in warehouse and freight logistics equipment
• Age Range: 25-35 years old
About the Company
Welcome to Newmatic, the region's most experienced Commercial Laundry Equipment and Spare Parts specialists since 1993.
We have built our reputation on providing competitive solutions to our customers.
Our business techniques and service are constantly evolving to satisfy the demands of our growing customer base.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Big Fish Recruitment