Job description / Role
* Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
* Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
* Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
* Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
* Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
* Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
* Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
* Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
* Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
* Negotiate transportation rates or services.
* Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
* Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
* Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
* Actively participate in cost analysis, cost management, warehouse management and vendor assessments
* Fluent in English
* Computer literacy and working knowledge of SAP is a MUST
* Strong analytical and project management skills
* Diploma holder / graduate in Logistics, Supply Chain or related discipline.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role and overall experience of 7-8 years in supply chain functions with a reputed national / multi-national corporation
* Previous experience in customer support in supply chain or logistics company is desirable
* Applicant has to be goal-oriented, able to take initiatives and have an entrepreneurial mindset
About the Company
We recruit the very best talent for middle management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you've heard all that before? Read on.
We're here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
As a part of the Redgrave Group, we work alongside Redgrave Partners, a leading executive search firm. This helped to inspire our unique approach of introducing a search led methodology to the middle management space.
Our clients love it. And as a result, we are one of the fastest growing professional recruitment groups on the planet.
Whether you're hiring or changing jobs yourself, you can't afford to get it wrong. Argyll Scott will ensure you get it right.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba
Manpower Middle East
Warehouse Operation Manager
One of the Largest Suppliers of Commercial Vehicle Spare Parts in UAE
Customer Service & Logistics Manager