Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
The main focus of the Logistics Coordinator the managing of logistical requirements between projects sites in a give country / countries, while overseeing local / regional procurement activities.
• Liaise and collaborate with internal and external parties in order to ensure that CADG logistic requirements are met; including regional acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery and final disposal of resources.
• Develop and maintain positive business relationships with key personnel to ensure customer requirements are met, take advantage of sales opportunities, and minimize overall costs.
• Provide project management services, including inventory control, local and regional price listings and appropriate supply chain management.
• Manage the movement of goods in order to maximize value and minimize costs.
• Develop and implement Logistic Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Provide timely logistical related reports to CADG Management and associated staff on a routine basis.
• Train, mentor, and supervise subordinate staff in the performance of their duties
• Liaise and coordinate with suppliers and sub-contractors on delivery and payment terms
• Account for and track all logistical expenses, deliveries, and commitments via CADG Logistics/Finance policies
• Ensure the proper invoicing and reconciliations of all payments made to suppliers
• Perform all other related tasks as may be assigned by CADG Management
• Degree/Diploma Holder in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
• Minimum 7 years of experience in Logistics and supply chain management
• Proactive and able to work independently in a highly entrepreneurial and multi-cultural environment
• Proven ability to coordinate logistical activities across multiple projects sites; coordinating logistical movements in multiple countries advantageous.
• Strong leadership and team building capabilities
• Professional proficiency in English; both written and verbal. Business level French is advantageous.
• Previous experience of working in West or Central Africa preferred
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.