Job description / Role
Middle East Executive are currently recruiting a Logistics Coordinator for a Large Chemicals Distribution Company.
• Responsible to take care end to end Import & Export Clearances, and movement of material from warehouses across the globe
• Supervise the Value Added services like Re-packing, Re-labeling according to requirements of customer
• Manage 3rd party warehouses to store material safely, coordinate to distribute within India
• Coordinate with Clearing Agents proactively to clear shipments in time without demurrages & detention
• Timely capture all logistics movements/transactions in ERP system & coordinate with finance & accounts team to validate invoices from warehouses & agents to ensure on time payment
• Explore to add new Agents, and warehouses
• Handle freight enquiries for overall company either it is from sales team or for firm orders in order to achieve Year over Year (YoY) target for ocean freight reduction
• Implement digital tools to enable sales & logistics team to access valid freight cost for any of the route to execute orders in short time at less cost
• Primary functions will include working closely with Distribution departments in improving and expanding existing business and creating new business in Middle East with logistics knowledge and function, managing risks of logistics, understanding of the business side of logistics and fundamental understanding of importing/exporting, physical transportation and storage, and work on creating new logistics business in the Middle East.
• An eye for constant improvement and the ability to create relationships with new vendors and create new networks should also be displayed.
• A strong candidate will present strong communication abilities, able to mold with an existing team, show an eye for detail, and willing to take on more.
• Should have strong knowledge & hands on experience on end to end local & international logistics
• Knowledge on ERP system & MS Office (Preferred to have Excellent skills in MS Excel)
• Certification or Degree in international Trade & Logistics is preferred
• Willing to travel warehouse frequently
• Candidate must be a European or South African national.
About the Company
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical