Job description / Role
• Daily Handling of Middle East related grain shipments and ensuring physical and financial strategies are correctly represented in internal systems.
• Provide information as required to Trade Operation Manager and Head of Dubai Grains & Oilseeds regarding all aspects of the grain business (physical grain, vessel positions, financial strategies, price exposure, laycans & discharge windows, trade pricing, hedge position, demurrage/despatch calculations,).
• Responsible for updating and maintaining internal system’ s ensuring that all physical positions, direct costs, budgets, freight rates & differentials, trade prices, and financial strategies are correctly captured.
• Identify opportunities to optimize cargo lifts and create additional value through proactive handling of vessels and positions.
• Recognize (potential) issues and report them.
• Collect, analyse and report data in order to track the performance of the operations.
• Assist the trade and team members as required
Reports to: Trade Operations Manager and Head of Dubai Grains & Oilseeds
Number of Subordinates: none
• At least 3-5 years or more of direct work experience with a large commodity trading company in grains.
• Mininum a Bachelor's degree in Business,Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related discipline
• Experience with trade documentation.
• Excellent knowledge of Letter of Credit’s, UCP600, Incoterms
• Experience in dealing with dry bulk vessels and containers
• Experience in future give ups and linking futures hedges to physical contracts
• Experience in currency covers linking to the deals
• Knowledge of demurrage/despatch calculations.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
• Possess Team spirit and able to work independently
• Possess strong initiative, good interpersonal & communication skills with different levels of people
• Able to work in an hectic environment.
Knowledge of French or Russian language would be an advantage
There will be opportunities in future for growth into a bigger role depending on progress and performance
About the Company
We are a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 70 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 16,200 customers worldwide. We grow, source, process, manufacture, transport, trade and market 47 different agri-products. Our team of 62,500 full-time, seasonal, contract and temporary employees work to bring essential agricultural products to homes around the globe everyday.
Established in 1989, trading cashew from Nigeria to India, today we have built a global leadership position in many of our businesses such as Edible Nuts, Cocoa, Spices and Vegetable Ingredients, Coffee and Cotton.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons