Job description / Role
Logistics Executive - Land Freight GCC
• Ensuring daily status report prepared, updated, and closely monitoring for all Import / Export Land Freight Related Transportation Forwarding and Clearance Jobs at GCC Border Check Posts / Customs.
• Preparation as well verification of all Documentations as required for GCC Imports / Exports as per Customs Regulations of UAE,KSA as well Oman.
• Assure on time and accurate Job file Opening & Customs File preparation
• Provide Customs Clearance brokers with needed documents as per Law of the land .
• Follow-up with Customs Offices at Border Posts and Customs Brokers to get latest shipment status
• Ensure accurate and on time status update for all jobs
• Flag issues to Manager towards any issues related to clearance of shipments at Border Posts / Customs
• Ensure prompt response to customers as and when required and timely invoicing to customers.
• Customer should be notified, and approvals must be taken from them prior to settling the demurrage/ detention charges.
• Assure on time updates to customers / overseas agents to keep them informed of the status of their shipments and ensure that all their inquiries are properly answered.
• Ensure that only approved suppliers are to be used to transport the shipment
• Verify the customs file and enter the on-customs EDI manifesting system and review the file for completeness and correctness before submission to customs.
• Payment of all applicable charges and duties against official receipts and settle the same with CPV’S.
• Attend custom inspection and devote individual attention to customer's cargo to ensure safe handling and to inform the Supervisor / Sr. Broker of any storage charges or missing items during visual inspection.
• All custom clearance documents, Bayan copies and receipts must be returned back to Sr. Broker or the customs clearance operations team on the same day and no documents to be kept or retained for the next day.
• On each stage of custom clearance procedures update the Sr. Broker/ Supervisor or the customs clearance operations team the status of clearance formalities and steps without delay.
• 3+ years of experience in trucking within the GCC is required.
• Must have experience in preparation all land border documentation procedures.
• Communication skills in English & Arabic (Mandatory).
• Good knowledge of local as well GCC border customs rules and procedures, especially at Batha, KSA, Oman.
• Knowledge of H.S codes and GCC customs tariff structure.
• Good relationship with Border Customs Agents / Offices / Brokers.
About the Company
Established in 1890, Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo) started from a humble trading and shipping enterprise founded in Bahrain by Haji Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo. From Bahrain, the business spread to Saudi Arabia in the 1930s.
In 1967, Hamed Kanoo came from Saudi Arabia to the UAE to expand the family business. Having successfully established Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo)'s operations in Khafji in the Kingdom, the company asked him to replicate the same in UAE too. With only 5 people including him, Hamed Kanoo managed to put-up The Kanoo Group as a trade name in the UAE Map. At present, The Kanoo Group operates in UAE and Oman. Mishal Hamed Kanoo serves as the Chairman, with over 1,200 employees working for its divisions.
The Kanoo family remained true to their early values. This adherence to ethics and beliefs made them an essential component of the regional business life.
One of the first industries that Kanoo excelled at was shipping. No one could have predicted that it would challenge the monopoly of long established British companies and goes on to become the largest regional shipping agency in the Middle East. Kanoo Shipping is one of the founders of S5 Agency World Ltd. and was the first Arab shipping agency in the region in 1911. At present, Kanoo Shipping operates in 20 countries and in all principal ports and offshore tanker loading terminals around the Arabian Peninsula, including Iraq. It handles 11,000 port calls every year which covers all ports in the Suez to India range.
The historic rise of Kanoo Travel has proven similarly impressive. The group's interest in travel started in 1937 when the company used to provide refueling facilities for Imperial Airline sea-planes en route to India and Australia. In 1947, Kanoo Travel became the first IATA agency in the Gulf and became the very first travel company in the Middle East to receive the ISO certification in 1997.
The Group's another success story began in mid-1960s. Kanoo Machinery used to supply construction and material handling equipment in the region. At that time, the UAE was just setting up its oil and gas industry and developing its infrastructure. By providing the government and private sectors with world-class equipment and services, Kanoo Machinery helped lay down the foundations of the vital sectors of UAE's economy.
Today for over 130 years, the company is amongst the most diversified and highly regarded business houses in the Gulf region and operates extensively throughout Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Qatar. It has unremittingly grown its realm of businesses into various industries in shipping, travel, machinery, logistics, property, energy (oil & gas, power, water) industrial chemicals, training, joint ventures, retail, and commercial activities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Manno Trading DMCC
TGC Middle East
Naran General Trading