Job description / Role
This project involves PMC services for design management and construction supervision of several infrastructure packages in Saadiyat Island and Sir Baniyas Island. Logistics Team will provide operational support and management working directly with Parsons construction supervision team and other Consultants construction supervision teams to oversee 24-hour operational support and management.
• Review and provide comments on the HSE & logistics plan for each package; this will include carrying out the required audit plans.
• Ensure that around the clock management for construction operations for several packages are being implemented.
• Provide first point of contact for any incidents within the project site and ensure procedures are followed.
• Assume the following coordination roles for fire, public protection, first aid and access/egress control.
• Ensure that the Environmental Plan is implemented for each package; this will include carrying out the required audit plans.
• Provide day-to-day management of the Contractors whilst operating within these areas, including Site Support Services Management, Temporary Services, Satellite Welfare Facilities, Waste Management etc.
• Ensure compliance with Authority to Proceed permits and Laydown Area Access Requests.
• Monitor the free movement of traffic on the Temporary Site Roads and the maintenance of same.
• Liaise with the Project Teams to ensure smooth operations between boundaries.
• Liaise with the Security Team to ensure the day-to-day Security Functions are supported and provided for.
• Provide first line support to the Contractors and other Stakeholders on any issues within the site.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree/Diploma in Engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum 6 years experience in construction projects, 4 years of which in GCC.
• Proven experience in site construction logistics, traffic management, temporary roads, lay down area, hoardings, plant and equipment, security control, waste management, public safety and signage.
• Ability to demonstrate awareness of current legislation relating to HSE.
• Driving license.
• Safety Qualification / Awareness Training.
• Ability to work in a team, deliver objectives and targets.
• Strong communication skills in English.
• Strong Contractor Management skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.