Job description / Role
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi's airport.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to the Manager for inventory accuracy and compliance to warehouse procedures
- Supervising Thales Repair Shop's Admin team and Stores Team. Identifying workloads and assigning tasks to each member.
- Ensures all works are efficiently done in accordance to required outputs and procedures.
- Perform Parts Consumption Analysis to determine required Inventory Stock and establish a reliable inventory forecasting system.
- Review CMM for new capability application, SB or RIL and identify needed parts to order.
- Forecast and place Purchase Orders of parts needed as per Consumption Analysis, New Capability application and SB or RIL implementation
- Considering the delivery Lead Time.
- Communicate with Thales Inflyt Central Supply Chain in maintaining accurate open parts orders and controlled documents.
- Also assists in administrative duties associated with procurement actions including follow-ups on urgently needed parts and spares.
- Guide Stores staff in processing the return of damaged or rejected assets.
- Schedules cycle counts and special inventories and supervises actual counting, recounting, including verification,
- Research and reconciliation of inventory discrepancies.
- Ensures computerized stock records are kept current and correct and discrepancies are investigated and adjusted accordingly.
- Liaise with ERP team in creating downloadable reports from the system.
- Prepares various reports like Parts Consumptions, TAT, Missing Parts, Critical Parts, Daily Workload Backlogs, PO Backlogs,
- Parts Shipments, Current Inventory Stock On Hand, Daily Cycle Counts, Received and Released Repairs, Productivity, Delivery Discrepancy and other
- reports as required by Management.
- Maintain and updates Inventory Item Master List and Obsolete Parts List.
- Prepares and sends weekly Repair Report status to various customers.
- Keeps all past and present paperwork files updated and organized.
- Ensures that warehouse and admin areas are maintained in a neat, orderly and safe manner at all times.
- Performs some functions of subordinates on leave.
- May assist other departments in the performance of their functions as required by Management.
Work Experience Requirements:
- At least 10 years work experience in a similar function in the field of Commercial Aviation
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Access database.
- Knowledgeable in ERP software (SAP or equivalent)
- Knowledge on Safety and hazardous equipment
- ISO 9000 Quality Assurance Management and Internal Quality Audit experience a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously as part of a team.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.