Job description / Role
Logistics Support Officer – Dubai UAE – Immediate Start
Our client, a European governmental organisation is seeking an EXPO 2020 Logistics Support Officer to work at their Embassy in Dubai. The jobholder will support the Embassy during the period of Expo 2020, on a fixed term contract from Sep 2021 - Mar 2022.
During the period of Expo 2020 the Embassies in Abu Dhabi and Dubai are expecting a high number of ministerial and other VIP visits to the UAE. The job holder will play a key logistical and administrative support role for these visits, and help the wider Corporate Services team manage the associated increased logistical requirements. The key element of this role is to work alongside the UAE Visits and Expo 2020 teams, offering support across a range of services to official visitors at Expo 2020. You will be responsible for administrating a range of cross-cutting processes which support the effective delivery of Corporate Services and logistics. Good organisational and communication skills and attention to detail are essential. The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills as well as resilience in a busy and demanding work environment. Although based in Dubai, the jobholder may need to travel to Abu Dhabi, however a UAE driving licence is not essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Support Transport team and drawing up of transport plans for visits
• Support the management of the team of drivers working for the embassy over Expo 2020
• Assist with logistical planning for visits, including permissions and reservations; be a point of contact for inward visitors and their meeting requests
• Liaise with key stakeholders, and be the key point of contact for logistics in relation to visits
• Ensure information flow between Corporate Services, Political and Expo 2020 teams on visit logistics
• Welcome visitors to the embassy compound and help arrange meetings
• Help to coordinate and manage the logistics of the Embassy’s crisis plans for Corporate Services in relation to Expo 2020
• Assist with review and reporting of ongoing compliance in line with audit requirements, produce update reports on progress, including in relation to expenditure reports
• Experience working in an office support or executive assistant role.
• Excellent customer service skills, with a key focus on communication (both written and oral) in English.
• Strong organisational and analytical skills.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload, organise records, and meet deadlines and changing priorities whilst maintaining close attention to detail.
• Team player, with proven ability in collaborating and supporting others to deliver results
• Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with all stakeholders. Able to show discretion in handling any sensitive matters, with the trust of all involved.
• Very good level of IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
• Required competencies: Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Logistics Coordinator (Industrial Projects - 3PL)
Search Heads Middle East
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||6 Aug|
RTC-1 Employment Services
Office Administrator / Customer Service Assistant