Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Lounge Manager to join our successful business.
• Operationally manage (on shift) the delivery of various lounge services, including food, beverage, ambiance and service elements at the Sharjah International Airport.
• Through regular review of customer preferences, influence the development of lounge facilities and services through active liaison with the Production Department as well as Food and Beverage Manager.
• Ensure that premium customers are consistently provided with the highest quality of service through an inspired lounge team.
• Constantly seek customer feedback and opportunities to develop the lounge product in keeping with the continuous improvement framework.
• Responsible for the presentation of all products eg food, beverages, magazines, shoe shine etc, ensuring standards as to quality, quantity and aesthetics are consistently maintained. Manage ongoing supplier relationships for this purpose.
• Upholding the Alpha commitment to hospitality, act as a role model for all airport lounge staff. Provide on-job coaching and guidance to team members, managing their performance to ensure a smooth operation. Arrange for timely and detailed briefing sessions for downward communication of product/service changes and for sharing of learning from service recovery actions of the recent past.
• Evaluate the lounge product and services offering and service level agreement (SLA) with suppliers, by conducting independent quality audits and report findings so as to initiate corrective action where required or to identify new opportunities for enhancing the customers lounge experience.
• Influence staff training and development at the Lounge through providing regular feedback on shifting skill requirements (technical and behavioural) through liaising with the Learning and Development Manager.
• Ensure the highest standards of safety and security at the Lounge, in line with Alpha requirements, local civil aviation, government legislation and international standards.
• Generate daily lounge performance reports, presenting these to the Food and Beverage Manager and General Manager for information & action. Carry out shift incident investigations in order to fully understand any underlying issues or trends which may be affecting the performance of the product(s). After discussing with the line, identify and implement corrective actions to achieve increasingly high standards.
• Post Graduate Diploma (12+4 or equivalent).
• Should have at least 8+ years of relevant experience in Airport Operations, Passenger Handling or High end 5 star recreation facility.
• Experience in hospitality, with at least 3 years in a supervisory or managerial role.
• Graduate in Hotel and Restaurant Management (hospitality).
• A recognized Quality Management qualification is preferable.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Outlet Operations Manager
A Leading Private Company in UAE
Customer Relations Executive
Group Operations Manager
Outlet Manager for a Leading Hospitality Group
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
General Manager (Restaurant)