Job description / Role
We implement automation solutions for warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source, from planning and design to implementation and service for the entire service life of our systems. The company's success is backed by 2,500 employees worldwide and customers in over 50 countries. We are one of the world's leading providers of intelligent automation solutions.
* Execute mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance, troubleshoot and repair automated systems such as conveyors, ASRS, robot, automatic lifts or similar
* Polyvalent and self-responsible to intervene on client site, assess the situation, troubleshoot and conduct the reparation/ part replacement for mechanical parts
* Able to work in a team or on his own without the need of supervision
* Stand-by time to support client on calls. Stand-by could be during night shift or weekends
* Coordinate with spare parts suppliers and the internal departments
* Incident reporting to the customers and internally to his line manager
* Support time needed per county: approx. 80% of the time in the UAE and 20% in KSA. Split subject to modification based on the business need
* Support the realization project in commissioning and installation works on as needed basis. However, the main duty of this role will be support and maintenance
* Report to the service manager.
* Comply with the company rules and procedures
* Extensive experience in preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing mechanical equipment and machineries such as conveyors, ASRS, robots and automatic lifts. Type of components to be repaired could be but not limited to rotating parts, shafts, belts, chains, hydraulic equipment, motors, sensors, encoders...
* 10 years+ experience, from which at least 5 years in maintenance and support role
* Experience in electrical troubleshooting and repairing
* Able to read mechanical and electrical drawings
* Knowledge in PLC programming and Controls is a plus (Beckhoff and/or Siemens)
* Experience in equipment installation and commissioning
* Used to work on construction sites and under pressure
* Used to be on stand-by during night shifts and/or weekends
* Experience with Microsoft office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Qualification and skills:
* Diploma in Mechanical engineering is a must
* Willing to learn new technologies
* UAE driving license is a must
* Motivated and willing to work on clients sites (90% on-site works and 10% office works).
* Willing to travel across the UAE to client sites and within the region for short stay periods (mainly to KSA)
* Excellent communication skills and English level (verbal and written)
* Ability to communicate with customers and internally
* Ability to work in a team from mixed nationalities
* Analytical spirit
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.