Job description / Role
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
MINOR IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
Assist the Chief Engineer to design and implement minor projects to improve plant efficiency.
- Identifies the needs
- Designs and makes drawings and specifications.
- Estimates costs.
- Calls for quotations and liaises with outside contractors, where work is not done "in house"
- Supervises project implementations.
- Coordinates/informs other departments with regards to inconvenience, noise and duration.
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM (PPM)
- Monitor the planned and unplanned maintenance programs applicable to the following major systems.
- Electrical systems - both main and back up supplies
- Air Conditioning/HVAC systems
- Refrigeration systems.
- FLS equipment
- Building including furniture & fixture maintenance i) Painting ii) Parts renewal & repairs
- Kitchen & laundry equipment.
- Vertical transportation.
- Extra Low voltage (ELV) systems.
- Guest rooms, F&B outlets, function/banquet areas, front of the house public areas, and back of the house staff areas
- Plumbing & drainage.
- Miscellaneous systems.
- Conducts daily engineering staff briefing and distributes daily work assignments.
- Attends the required hotel committee meetings as the engineering delegate
- Attend daily morning management briefing during the absence of the Chief Engineer.
Highlights the following:
- Daily consumption of utilities.
- Identifies utility management & control problems noted.
- Updates on work progress on minor/major projects.
- Incidents from log book.
- Updates on work outstanding that may affect other departments.
- Safety & operational issues affecting hotel operation.
- Prepares for and attends Operations, P&L, and Department Head Meetings in the absence of the Chief Engineer.
ENERGY & UTILITY MANAGEMENT
- Assist with the control of utility supplies on a daily basis
- Prepare consumption report on power, domestic water, chilled HVAC water, and low pressure gas
- -Monitors and analyzes utility consumption
- Checks invoices by suppliers & utility companies.
- Attends guest receptions as required
- Communicates with VIP guests and enquires about their stay in the hotel, comfort, references and problems
- Comments or complaints to be acted on immediately
- Provides assistance wherever possible
- Reviews all daily log books and highlights outstanding and recurring problems
- Assesses manpower requirements
- Function preparation
- All electrical/mechanical equipment repair & maintenance
- Repairs and Maintenance (work orders)
- Interviews candidates
- Conducts performance appraisal for the staff.
- Keeps staff informed of expectations and goals of Engineering Department
- Liaises with suppliers and contractors to obtain correct supplies and to ensure proper implementation of contracts
- Negotiate, sign and verify maintenance contracts and supplier invoices.
- Calls and liaises with contractors & consultants regarding exact requirements
- Ensures that maintenance & repairs performed by contractors are executed in accordance with agreed health and safety policy, contracts, fees or charges
Liaises with government and statutory bodies to ensure compliance with regards to rules and regulations Authorities normally included:
- Mechanical Department
- Electrical Department
- Environment Department
- Water Department
- Fire Department
- Other authorities having jurisdiction
INVENTORY/SPARE PARTS CONTROL
Maintains and monitors inventory on a regular basis.
HEALTH, SAFETY, AND ENVIRONMENT
- Ensure a safe and environmentally friendly department
- Assists in the development of safe work practices
- Trains and monitors staff in safe work practices
- Report and document potential hazards
- Maintain health and safety equipment
- Maintain health and safety documentation and records
- Communicate to employees health and safety standards
- Develop emergency response skills
- Assists in the development, training, and implementation of environmental protection policies and procedures for the handling of chemicals, paints and finishes, lubricants, and refrigerants
- Assist in the management of the Hotel Fire Brigade.
- Provides training to all department staff to ensure efficient operation, proper maintenance and repair to equipment, as well as good morale.
Program to include:
- Equipment history
- Spare parts availability & control
- Scheduling & control of program
- Prepares monthly training schedule for the department and conducts training on the following.
- New equipment service manual and operation guide
- Modifications or additions to equipment and systems in the building
- New technology and techniques, energy & utility management
- Proficient in all aspects of building operations and facilities management
- The ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- A proven ability to build, lead and manage a team
- An energetic and dynamic personality
- Post-Secondary graduate in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience in hospitality industry with multi-trades supervisory experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Quest Search & Selection
Mechanical Engineer I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Dec|
Industrial Maintenance Engineer
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
|Abu Dhabi||3 Feb|
Assistant Manager - Engineering