Job description / Role
Providing leadership to effectively manage maintenance and engineering functions of manufacturing plant. Manage maintenance and engineering organisation responsible for plant physical properties including site, machinery and equipment in compliance with UAE safety, environmental and fire prevention standard.
Leading multinational group operating in building/civil construction materials manufacturing, offering career growth and learning opportunities along with an attractive salary package.
* Key member of the plant management team, reporting directly to the Plant Manager.
* Promote and ensure health, safety and welfare of all maintenance team members, employees and visitors, through the proactive implementation of both company and industry best practices
* Provide leadership to all employees within the Maintenance and Engineering areas, including ownership of the Professional Maintenance Pillar.
* Responsible for budget preparation & management on behalf of plant manager, planning and scheduling of all maintenance activities.
* Directly supervises all maintenance employees using team building, coaching, and teaching skills and knowledge of TPM to lead the PM activities in expansion of lean manufacturing to all areas of the plant.
* Internal contacts involve all plant teams in the coordination and scheduling of plant repairs, equipment modifications or installations; purchasing and accounting personnel on requisitions and capital request data; and corporate engineering on special projects.
* External contacts involve vendors for repair parts and services and outside contractors to obtain bids for new facilities or equipment; and the governmental agencies and insurance representative on fire prevention, safety inspection, environmental issues, etc.
* Significant problem solving situations involve scheduling of preventative and predictive maintenance programs and the installation, modification and /or repair of equipment in a manner which will assure employee safety, minimise production downtime and assure product quality.
Attractive tax-free salary package + additional benefits
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferably Mechanical l/Electrical / Electronic or relevant
* 10 + years of professional directly related experience
* Knowledge of plant engineering/maintenance disciplines, such as Vertical mills, Material handling equipment, rotary equipment, Drying automated control systems, Burner & Industrial safety regulations and practices, and professional industrial maintenance experience in 24 hr continuous process environment
* TPM/WCM/Lean Manufacturing Implementing and sustaining Experience
* Experience in planning, budgeting and completing capital projects
* Proven leadership skills in industrial management with 5+ years in a supervisory capacity.
* Strong people development, teaming, and collaborative decision making skills required.
* Leadership and innovation at all organisational levels, adaptability, customer and supplier focus, excellent written and oral communication.
* Basic typing skills with familiarity of Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and web tools.
* Experience in implementing & utilising plant maintenance CMMS, in particular familiarity with M3 ERP and INFOR CMMS software, is preferred.
* Prefer strong experience interfacing with vendors and outside contractors as well as governmental agencies and compliance inspectors.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Technical Facilities Manager