Job description / Role
Reporting to the General Manager - the Maintenance Manager is directly responsible for the personnel and activities of the plant maintenance departments and is cooperatively accountable with other management personnel for maintaining continued operation of the facility in compliance with established safety regulations and procedures, federal and state environmental regulations, production schedules, and output requirements.
Manages the activities of the plant’s maintenance department through direct supervision of maintenance senior engineers, ensuring the effective execution of their job responsibilities.
• Responsible to maintain plant availability as per contractual requirements.
• Directs the coordination of the facility maintenance department with operations and purchasing personnel in defining, analyzing, solving and repairing equipment and machinery.
• Provides technical expertise and directs coordination of departments and support personnel in upgrading of equipment and development of systems and design changes for the enhancement of overall plant reliability, efficiency and economy.
• Oversees the planning and assures coordination of all participating plant personnel and subcontractors, scheduled and unscheduled plant outages.
• Participates in budget development manages and controls maintenance expenditures, maintaining an active cost reduction program directed toward improved plant profitability.
• Assures compliance with all government regulations, environmental standards and all plant safety procedures and programs.
• Administers human resources within the maintenance department, assuring that positions are staffed with qualified individuals, that all personnel are adequately trained, that each individual’s performance is assessed on a regular basis, that corrective action procedures are followed when appropriate.
• Leading the FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) activities.
• Liaises closely with the operation department and HSE team on the delivery of planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
• Attend HSE Inspections, audits, assessments, and meetings.
• Conduct Risk identification/analysis/assessments.
• Actively participates in and promotes company health, safety and environmental campaigns, initiatives, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times.
• Provides support as part of the installation emergency response team.
• Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) degree, or equivalent experience.
• HSE accredited training qualifications.
• Total working experience of 10-15 with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the maintenance of EfW or similar equipment and systems background (coal based power plant).
• Specific expertise in resource recovery material handling and waste processing is preferred.
• Hands-on experience in developing and implementing maintenance management systems (including but not limited to CMMS, predictive and preventive maintenance etc.)
• Can lead a team of multidiscipline engineers, supervisors, technicians, and sub-contractors to achieve the availability and reliability of the plant in a challenging environment.
• Possessing excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills with good control on the financial management of the budget / associated costs.
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.
RTC-1 Employment Services
Operations Director - Facility Management
Site Manager (Operations & Maintenance)
Ignite Search & Selection
Assistant Facilities Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
General Manager - Facilities Management