Job description / Role
Male Legal Assistant/Court Clerk/Paralegal up to 15k Aed for a Prestigious Law Firm in Dubai
• Support the attorneys by assembling and organizing legal documents for the trial, such as claim statements, summons, judicial orders, writs, injunctions, and judgments
• Attend the courts every day and assist the local lawyers for the hearing. Help lawyers prepare case documentation, submissions, statement of claims and actively participate in drafting the opinions, based on the legal research.
• Maintain court calendars, schedule of cases. Instruct parties on the court appearance schedule and ensure that the Litigation system/ software is updated correctly.
• Record the summary of proceedings in each of the case and relay it to the concerned paralegal/ associate, for regular client updates. Always be updated with the case proceedings by constantly checking the online court systems, inform the senior lawyers about every case proceeding and update the internal Litigation software.
• Ensure the court fees, fines etc. are paid for, on a timely basis for each of the cases. Prepare for trial by preparing trail briefs, evidence and exhibits – work alongside the paralegals /associates
• Across cases - write first document drafts, based on legal research on the applicable laws, example cases/ judgements, research about the opponent and proof read memos/ client documents prepared by senior lawyers
• Organize case files, attend court inquests, transcribe legal opinion and compile litigation documents for filing in the respective case files. Write reports, conduct legal research, take witness statements and attend meetings with experts or claimants.
• Manage the administrative elements of each client account, including email communication with the client on case updates in a highly professional manner, follow up with the clients based on the current requirement of the case by the Litigation department etc.
• Write legal articles for internal or external circulation
• Attend all the scheduled meetings at various UAE public courts, concerned departments, police stations for case related work, government entities, ministries and other authorities. Maintain documents received from clients and retrieve & organize evidence for use at depositions and trials.
• A legal PRO who has to spend half of his day with the local lawyer and the other half in the office to update system and do other tasks
• Attend police stations and other government institutions
• POSITION: Legal Assistant/Court Clerk/Paralegal
• SALARY: up to 15,000 AED depending on qualifications and experience
• HIRING COMPANY: Prestigious Law Firm
• LOCATION: Dubai, UAE
• AVAILABILITY: Immediately available will be prioritized (1 month-max)
• EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time/ Permanent
• Open to ANY ARABIC nationality, preferably Syrian, Sudanese, and Jordanian
• Male, 40 years old and below
• Bachelor’s degree in Law is required
• Minimum 3 years of prior experience working as a court clerk/ paralegal/legal assistant/legal PRO in a law firm in UAE courts
• Previous experience working in UAE courts is also essential
• With Legal database certifications (such as LexisNexis or Westlaw) and Court Clerks Certification is an advantage
• Strong legal administration, documentation, verbal communication and client relationships skills
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent knowledge of legal terminology and UAE laws
• Proficient in basic computer applications
• Excellent English and Arabic language skills
• With valid UAE driving license and car
About the Company
A leading recruitment agency in UAE.
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Transguard Workforce Solutions
Irwin & Dow