Management Accountant - Emirati National
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
A new opportunity has come up from a well-known financial institution based in Abu Dhabi, and they are looking for a Management Accountant. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties:
- Maintenance of day-to-day accounting records and transactions.
- Handling monthly closing and accounting tasks, including but not limited to preparation of monthly financials, bank reconciliations, tracking and updating of monthly and quarterly valuations, GL Entries, etc.
- Preparation of documentation and checking of all invoices for VAT submission on a quarterly basis.
- Tracking of budget and reporting variances to the management and department heads and assisting with their various queries.
- Maintenance of Budget transfers between various categories.
- Arrangement of supporting documentation for internal audit and state audit requests.
- Preparation of year-end audit file and arrangement of supporting documentation for all external audit requests.
- Handling of year-end closing and preparation of accruals and other GL entries.
- Providing inputs for various improvements regarding AX and testing of modules whenever new changes are introduced in the ERP system.
- Preparation of base reports for performance reporting.
- Maintenance of Lease Module
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets Module
- Reconciling all Investment bank Accounts (BNY)
- Covering Senior Financial Accounting functions on emergencies and leaves.
- Provide support for any Ad Hoc tasks as required by the Financial Controller.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or any related field
- An advanced degree would be an advantage
- Minimum 3-4 years experience preferably in a complex financial services business, asset management company, pension fund, or sovereign wealth fund.
- Experience in and understanding of investment products from an accounting perspective
- Competent and familiar with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Should be familiar with business practices and culture in the region
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Excel
- In-depth knowledge of investment accounting full life cycle and methodologies, policies, procedures, regulations, international and local standards
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies