Job description / Role
We at Hyatt Centric are at the center of some of the most unique destinations in the middle of the action, in the know and always on-hand to serve up insider knowledge, intriguing tidbits and great conversation over a well-crafted cocktail. We're a local home base, preparing our guests to explore the best our cities have to offer so they can go forth and discover!
The Management Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Finance team in the effective implementation of all Finance & Accounting policies and procedures. The primary role of the Management Accountant is to interpret financial results and work with respective heads of departments to maximize operating results, providing them with tools for future planning and control.
Reporting to the Cluster Resident Finance Director, you will be responsible for ensuring all departmental operational manuals are prepared and updated annually. Our ideal candidate is an analytical professional who should perform well under deadlines and have strong attention to detail. Ultimately, you should be able to coordinate all financial procedures in accordance with local laws and regulations.
Experience in a similar role is essential, as is understanding the operations of a large corporate hospitality provider. You will possess excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- To liaise with the Accounts Payable function in ensuring that all invoices are accounted for and paid in a timely manner
- To assist the Cluster Director of Finance on the operating procedures so as to achieve effective internal control to minimize costs
- To supervise the Accounts Clerks in ensuring that all precautionary measures have been implemented and all outstanding debts are collected on a timely basis to minimize bad debts as far as possible
- To assist the Director of Finance in all stages leading to the preparation of all monthly financial reports and analysis.
- To assist in the preparation of special statistical reports which local management, government authorities, area office and owning company, may require.
- To assist in compiling departmental budgets, forecasts, and business plan.
- To prepare accurate reconciliation of al bank accounts a daily basis
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting systems
- Excellent writing skills in English
- An eye for quality and passion for brands
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills; strong analytical skills
- Prior experience in a similar role within the hospitality industry
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Addmind Hospitality Group
Manpower Middle East
Dubai based Oil Shipping and Trading Company
The Leading Pharmaceutical And Consumer Entity In The UAE