Job description / Role
Report to : Outlet Manager
Duration : 1 year
To ensure guests are provided with professional and courteous services according to Hyatt's international standards, policies & procedures in order to maximise guest satisfaction.
- To ensure the delivery of brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- To maintain positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationships.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Andaz Dubai Standards of Performance.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To perform all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work (see attached Master Task List) to the standard set. Please note that Master Task Lists are reviewed and changed on a regular bases reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Food & Beverage Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
- To perform all duties and tasks when rotated or assigned to another Department as per Master Task List for that Department.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and upsell alternatives.
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To embrace all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20.
- To respond to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
- To respond to the results of the Medallia survey and ensure that the relevant actions and changes are taken and implemented to enhance guest experience.
- To work closely with other Outlet employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- To work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of "We work through Teams".
- To maintain par stocks of all equipment and guest supplies as required.
- To seat, take orders and serve food and beverage (...including alcohol) to guest according to the established sequence of service and procedures.
- To present menu, answer enquiries and make suggestions regarding food, beverage and service to restaurant guests.
- To clear and reset counters or tables at conclusion of each course.
- To be fully conversant with all aspects of the Micros System.
- To compute bill and accepts payment and to strictly adhere to all policies and procedures issued by the Finance with regard to cashiering and cash handling.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage, wastage and ensure to follow the decoy system to avoid breakage/loss
- To have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- To be an example for the part time staff and casuals, ensuring a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To support the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt's Values and Culture Characteristics.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To attend and contribute to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel trainings scheduled and other related activities.
- To attend and contribute to all training sessions and meetings as required.
- To exercise responsible behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Hyatt International.
- To read the hotel's Handbook and understand and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- To respond to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager and Team Leader.
- To assist in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Have previous F&B Service internship experience
- Language Skill : German (preferable)
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.