Job description / Role
At Kempinski, your attention to detail, authenticity, and pride will inspire the beautiful performance that is uniquely Kempinski. Every day is an opportunity to learn from world class leaders and one another. The knowledge and experience you gain today will inspire your growth and our company tomorrow.
Your future awaits!
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai is looking for professional individuals to join the team as Management Trainee Front Office to gain invaluable experience!
The traineeship will have a duration of 6 months to 12 months, with a starting date as of February 2019.
Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai
Inspired by palaces of Continental Europe, Emerald Palace Kempinski Dubai is a five-star luxury beach resort dedicated to the finest elements of life. Guests are welcome to immerse in an elegantly curated stay, dining and leisure experiences at this landmark destination on Palm Jumeirah, and discover Dubai's iconic palace by the sea. With its opening in 2018, the hotel's classical design will complement the Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah, which has been developed in the same architectural style and is located on the adjacent plot.
Your tasks will include the following but are not limited to:
- Responsible to Assistant Restaurant Manager/ Restaurant Manager.
- Responsible for Head Waiter/ Waitress, Waiter/ Waitress & Host/ Hostess
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and nametag at all times according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel's policy manual and the hotel's policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Projecting at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Have a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Lead the service and act as a role model to the team.
- Ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Fully understand the concept of the restaurant and being able to act as a guardian in terms of service provided, food and beverages served and the guidance of the team.
- Ensure a great communication within the team and able to hold team meetings in the absence of the Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage Meeting in the absence of Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Are you a good fit? We are looking for candidates that meet the below criteria:
- Hospitality education (preferred)
- You are committed, resilient and flexible
- Initial experience in the hotel industry or gastronomy through internships
- Outstanding commitment, willingness to serve and great interest in a team-oriented way of working
- Interest in developing internationally at Kempinski after training
- Friendly and cordial appearance
- Excellent verbal and written English; additional languages an advantage
- Legal eligibility to work in Dubai
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Internship
NSI & Bluefin Talent