Job description / Role
Air Arabia is first and largest Low Cost Carrier (LCC) in Middle East and North Africa. We fly you to over 170 destinations spread across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. We offer our passengers a journey which is efficient reliable and offer great value for money across our network.
The millions of passengers who have chosen to fly with Air Arabia have helped us make a difference and set a mark in the aviation industry internationally. Air Arabia is the first publicly listed airline in the region providing the carrier an independent path to growth and profitability.
Air Arabia is not only committed to providing affordable air travel but is also dedicated to uplifting the lives of those who are less fortunate. Taking responsibility and lead on social needs of local and international communities has been part of our success.
• To manage and control the Base Maintenance and Workshop operations staff ensuring the timeliness, availability and airworthiness of Air Arabia fleet and Third Party aircrafts in accordance with business requirements, GCAA rules and regulations and as per Air Arabia policies and approved standards and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities:
• Leads the Base Maintenance and Workshops contractual and operational activities including (A &C Checks), ensuring all are agreed, implemented and performed as per GCAA rules and regulations, manufacturer's manuals, and as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures with focus on safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness in managing technical requirements and human factors considerations.
• Supports the Head of Maintenance in developing and implementing policies and operating procedures for carrying out the required maintenance and defect repairs on aircrafts.
• Co-designs and defines the set of standards and measures related to compliance with commercial, quality, as well as regulatory bodies' agreed standards and procedures.
• Designs the manual and matrix of authority related to Heavy Maintenance roles in accordance with set objectives ensuring adherence with GCAA regulations, and Quality Assurance standard measures.
• Partners with Stakeholders for Capacity Planning to ensure the adequacy and availability of necessary resources (Manpower, Facilities, equipment, tools, etc.).
• Manages the allocation and performance of the heavy maintenance teams to execute action plans and secure the availability and 'safe release' of all Air Arabia fleet and Third-Party aircrafts in line with business operational needs and agreed targets.
• Supports the HOM in setting up, managing, monitoring and evaluating of the Base Maintenance with respect to safety measures, communication and overall performance as per GCAA regulations, Air Arabia policies and procedures and in accordance with terms and conditions approved within the SLAs and contracts.
• Educates and continuously guides the Base Maintenance and Workshop supervisors and staff on how to comply with rules and regulations and on the formalities and procedures followed in carrying out planned and unplanned maintenance tasks and operations.
• Establishes standardization in processes and procedures through developing and successfully overseeing a set of platforms to be adopted by Heavy Maintenance teams in carrying out, documenting, and communicating the required assignments.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages):
• Bachelor's degree in Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical or equivalent; alternately a diploma in Aircraft Engineering/Maintenance or E&M certificate from a recognized college combined with needed experience.
• Holder/has held of Valid EASA Maintenance Engineer's member license from an ICAO state.
• Holds/has held the corresponding type-rating maintenance license, additional aircrafts types is an advantage.
• Professional membership of associations related to the Aviation/Airlines industry would be an advantage.
• Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is a must.
• Cost Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
• Capable of using technology systems & tools; proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Fluent in English Language, Arabic Language is a plus.
• Ability to obtain UAE Driver's License.
• Minimum of 12 years' experience in the Aviation industry
• 10 years of which in Aircrafts maintenance management in a similar capacity, with 5 years at least leading the Base Maintenance Department.
• Has direct working experience with Civil Aviation Authorities, preferably GCAA; familiar with all rules and regulations of GCAA pertaining to the Engineering Maintenance, policies, procedures, manuals and licensing.
• Experienced in leading and developing a team of professionals (Supervisors, Engineers and Technicians) in a frequently changing environment with heavy work-load schedules.
• A very good knowledge in airline and Flight Operations, formalities and standard regulations.
• Has very good knowledge and working exposure to Commercial/Quality Assurance /Safety/Internal & External Audit functional operations and practices related to and affecting maintenance.
• Experienced in designing, implementing, and monitoring the team's performance against maintenance policies, procedures and operating manuals as per business needs, regulations, and standards.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.