Job description / Role
The Manager Business Technology has overall responsibility of leading end to end enterprise wide technology delivery to the lines of business. This position will play a critical role in the transformation and building strategic roadmap for tangible outcomes.
Manager Business Technology will be responsible for executing transformational initiatives through emerging technologies such as data driven initiatives, business intelligence and predictive analytics, AI automation and customer centric mass personalization.
Success in this role requires business acumen, managing the key stakeholders at enterprise level and leveraging on internal IT capabilities (PMO, architects, QA, Platform Management).
• Build a strong understanding of Big Data and AI/ML technology and airline industry developments, develop strategic technology roadmap.
• Work with lines of business, internal teams and partners to determine best use-cases, deployment, and adoption of Big Data, AI/ML and related technologies. Help stakeholders to priorities the initiatives
• Understand the 'big picture' for a solution by considering all potential options in impacted area, assist in the evaluation of new solutions and technologies
• Influence and build relationships with lines of business stakeholders, CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
• Work closely with the business and technical leadership to build programs that accelerate adoption of new technologies
• Derive technical specifications from business requirements and express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to multi-disciplinary teams
• Lead the work programme, align to the Enterprise Data Management Policy and standards in parallel with a major transformation from legacy technology platforms to a new SaaS delivery model.
• Understand and uncover business challenges in adopting AI/ML and show how new technologies help them provide new services, new capabilities, and new efficiencies
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure business outcomes when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the platform
• Be part of the technology COE (Centre of Excellence), develop internal teams, build in-house capabilities and spread the adoption of new technologies
Minimum Qualifications / Experience/ Knowledge / Skills
• A university degree in IT, engineering or equivalent
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering or related technical degree
• 8+ years of experience in technical leadership, product management and IT-Business alignment
• 10+ years of experience in delivering complex enterprise wide business technology solutions with 5+ years' experience on Big Data, AI/ML and emerging technologies
• 5+ years of data management experience, data governance and data stewardship
Knowledge / Skills
• Broad and deep experience in both the business and technical aspects of Big Data, AI/ML and emerging technologies
• Experience in delivery of enterprise wide transformational initiatives
• Knowledge of airline industry practices, processes, and applications
Certificate / License Required
• Self-study, completed online courses on emerging technologies
• Change Management
• Experience in designing and implementing analytical environments and business intelligence solutions, AI/ML predictive analytics and cognitive compute
• Experience in building customer centric solutions, recommendation engines, NLP and mass personalization
• Proven experience in people management, direct team management, risk management and change management
• Strategic Thinking
• Business Acumen
• Inspiring & Developing Others
• Decision Making
• Customer Focus
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to Achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (can do attitude)
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.