Job description / Role
• Managing, supervising and proper execution of Contracts, Purchase and Cost Control business activities and ensures the delivery of services according to set procedures and regulations set forth by the Management.
• Set & prepare the department’s yearly plan and budget in coordination with the line manager which will comply with the company's strategy and general plan.
• Set, prepare and manage the execution of staff individual objectives which reflect the department plans.
• Set, Prepare and review the procedures and process of division and scope of business and advise the line manager of any development and amendment when required.
• Ensure the implementation and adherence of contracts & purchase regulations, rules and procedures for all activities and jobs of the department.
• Build & maintain strong business network with service contractors, suppliers and concerned entities.
• Generate & prepare various reports and progress statistics linked to the department's plan and activities on weekly, monthly and yearly basis to provide them to the line manager.
• Manage and guide the department staff and provide the necessary support required in their duties.
• Efficient utilization of department's manpower and tasks.
• Assess the individual objectives and performance of staff on monthly & yearly basis.
• Manage & supervise the cost control activities and process efficiently.
• Handle all facets of contracting from proposal preparation to contract close-out. To set up & audit the contract files.
• Ensure all materials and services are procured at competitive prices to budget in accordance with the programme and in compliance with specifications.
• To provide an ethical & consistent approach to the procurement of good & services.
• Act as general coordinator for all tenders & bid transactions.
• Manage, supervise & execute the daily activities and tasks of the division.
• To do any additional tasks assigned by department head or Management.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering/Quantity Surveying/Law or related discipline.
• This is an opportunity for those who have demonstrated experience with Civil Construction contracts.
• At least 15 years of experience of which minimum 7 years should be in a position assuming similar responsibilities with a leading organization.
• Must be proficient with FIDIC conditions of contracts and have UAE/GCC experience.
• Should have strong construction/real estate back ground (in dealing with Claims, Variation, BOQ, Pre & Post Tenders, Pre &Post Contracts, Tender Analysis and evaluation, dispute resolutions etc.) with projects like residential & commercial buildings, villas, luxury developments, hotels etc. Awareness of the local and regional legal environment.
Skill Sets Required:
• Good knowledge and understanding of construction and issues such as building regulations and planning.
• Construction Executive Skills & Competencies.
• Commercial awareness.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Strong Budgeting, Maths and IT skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to handle & manage conflicts.
About the Company
A leading real rstate company in UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Contracts / Commercial Manager - Main Contractor
Big Fish Recruitment