Job description / Role
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with standing still.
Amazon’s overall mission is simple: to be the place where customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever customers want, Amazon will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
The Outbound Core ACES Manager supports, coordinates and facilitates implementation of new and improved structures, processes and activities. Working closely with MENA teams and all levels of management within the Fulfillment Center (FC), you report directly to the Regional FC ACES Manager. You will take ownership of all Outbound processes and develop a team to own each process; driving compliance, best practice and supporting FC teams in delivering initiatives.
For this role you will need to be adaptable, challenge motivated and thrive on implementing high standard processes driving productivity and simplicity using Kaizen/PDCA methods. Curiosity and the confidence to take calculated risks quickly are core characteristics for Continuous Improvements Managers.
· Manage the Fulfilment Centre improvement plan to focus on best customer experience at the lowest cost
· Take Ownership of all Outbound processes across the MENA region
· Develop a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking
· Contribute to and facilitate Kaizen activities
· Help drive the implementation of Lean Standard Work
· Disseminate Best practices and system settings across the region
· Support and manage the Fulfilment Centre implementation Agenda
· Standardize processes to Amazon and ECCF benchmark standards
· Liaise between FC and MENA/ECCF to drive leverage of cross-FC process excellence
· Maintain strong relationships with MENA/ECCF Process Owners and FC Process Engineer
· In addition to having shop-floor affinity and experience in Industrial Engineering, Business Process Engineering, Quality, Operations or Logistics, you are an active networker with:
· Degree level or higher
· Project Portfolio Management experience
· A strong record of team leadership in large-scale, rapid, process-driven environments
· Very strong analytical capabilities
· The ability to translate operational issues into workable solutions
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Fluent English
· In-depth knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and its practical usage
· Wide knowledge of change management and continuous improvement methodologies
· Demonstrable training and dissemination skills and experience
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.