Job description / Role
Reporting to the accountable manager; the Manager Crew Planning (Training) is responsible for ensuring efficient utilization of all simulator devices, facilities and instructors whilst ensuring regulatory, mandatory and company required training is assigned and maintained for crew rosters.
- Responsible for all flight and cabin crew training planning, including roster production, projecting crew training demands (short and long term) and associated plans for annual leave allocation as well as recurrent and transitional training for both crew and instructors.
- Deliver cost effective solutions in the delivery of training by efficient use of Instructor/Examiners and devices.
- Effectively manage Training Service Providers, to ensure the delivery of flight training. Ensure engagement with suppliers of simulators and training facilities.
- Management of the training software applications that manages, monitors, and controls training devices, classrooms, instructors, and equipment for Etihad Airways.
- Be the focal point with Manpower Planning team to communicate priorities and business needs with respect to resource allocation and training delivery timelines.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to manage the safe execution of the crew training rosters while achieving the regulators' compliance and financial objectives of the company.
- Establish strategic direction for the Crew Training Planning and Recover teams to meet operational goals defined by the company. Establish the department's objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
Education & Experience
- Post-Secondary Education (i.e. diploma, degree and equivalent work experience in the field of Airline Operations).
- Minimum 10 years of experience working at an airline crew resources or approved training organization. Minimum 3 years in leadership and workforce management experience.
- Experience with crew management software applications such as: AIMS, Jeppesen, Sabre, Lufthansa Systems or other flight crew scheduling/training platforms.
- Knowledge of GCAA training regulations preferred.
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.