Job description / Role
• Designs commerce and payment solutions based on a detailed understanding of a client’s strategic priorities, business requirements, and technical capabilities; provides detailed documentation to facilitate both partner alignment and technical direction and guidance.
• Coordinates with Product Management to determine the solution and functionality that internal or partner Technology teams can implement on a committed timeline.
• Acts as the technical champion who understands the client’s objectives and desired business outcomes within Digital Commerce Solutions, while mindful and respectful of competing product development priorities and backlogs, in order to effectively manage client expectations and delivery timeline while ensuring the feasibility of solutions by mapping components to actual existing capabilities and assets.
• Provides thought leadership on all payments and commerce-related matters in order to develop a vision for specific areas of solution with an eye toward applicability across the greater client base.
• Collaborates with the Client-facing teams and coordinates with Implementation teams to own all technical payment related client deliverables, from inception to release. Manages client evolution for new launches including further solution design, training and operational processes for solution launches where appropriate.
• Engages Product Managers, Sales Managers, Internal Technology teams, Partners and External vendors on solution scoping and business case creation for all net new development.
• Designs all payment flows, including data points and business processes working with Product Management and Partners to understand product gaps and timescales for delivery.
• Drives coordination with core product teams to prioritize product changes and feature enhancements, identifying critical paths and risks.
• Participates in the ongoing solution prioritization process for new or proposed client and partner initiatives to create fact-based assessments of projects with supporting recommendations for Executive Leadership.
• Supports a sustained level of involvement in the internal and external testing of all product, solution, and feature releases, to ensure that all requirements and flows meet defined requirements and quality standards.
• Maintains high level of expertise across Digital Commerce products and solutions with a detailed understanding and appreciation for overall strategic context, priorities, and revenue goals.
• Stays abreast of evolving payment technologies, innovations and strategic partners that may accelerate speed-to-market, or enhance our existing products and solutions.
• Initiates solution ideation and execution to drive the creation of new solutions with Digital Commerce solution owners and product managers, as well as 3rd-party technology providers. Turns ideas into proof of concepts, prototypes, and technical artifacts to highlight our innovations, or to solicit client feedback on new product features or functionality.
• Drive Implementation of overall solution with various stakeholders
• Advanced understanding of banking, payment card systems, payment methods and merchant acquiring and processing in the Middle East region
• Detailed and demonstrated experience in eCommerce, mobile and point-of-sale technologies
• Highly preferred to have an understanding of Fraud Management, PCI, Product Management and Marketing Principles
• Sound knowledge of strategic planning and merchant acceptance business acumen
• Current knowledge of emerging payment trends, players and competitive landscape
• IT consulting, project management, systems implementation and/or business development, with increasing levels of responsibility
• Strong understanding of payment processing infrastructure systems, technologies, and security standards preferred.
• Strong knowledge of technology, including programming languages (Java, .Net, Web Services, Micro-services, Etc.), operating systems (Unix, Linux, Windows, Container Platforms) and commercial software applications.
• Familiarity with merchant store front and shopping cart technologies
• Negotiation skills with a track record of achieving results
• Strong analytical, quantitative, commercial, project management and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Ability to synthesize information into key messages appropriate for the audience
• Ability to inspire and lead high performing cross-functional teams who can envision and create innovative solutions that meet the needs of our global clients
• Disciplined and tolerant of ambiguity, with the maturity and capability to interact and influence across multiple organizational levels, internal and external to CYBS and Visa
• Ability to interact with senior management; strong communication and presentation skills
• Intellectual curiosity and interest in digging into the detail, understanding data, making recommendations based on the data and using it to solve problems
• Successful candidates should have demonstrable business experience within a top tier payment gateway and/or Merchant Acquiring Institution
• While a Bachelor’s degree is required, an MBA or equivalent is strongly preferred
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.