Job description / Role
Management of the technical services and technical support functions to maintain continued airworthiness of the operated aircraft fleet in accordance with GCAA CAR M.
- Lead, develop and support the technical services and technical support teams which includes technical services engineers, technical support engineers, document control and warranty administration.
- Continued Airworthiness and Technical Support management related to Avionics, Airframes or Components as required.
- Management of the assessment and recommendation of all issued airworthiness requirements relating to the operated fleet including Service Bulletins, Component Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and other Regulatory and manufacturers publications including production of Engineering Orders for task accomplishment after Technical Review agreement.
- Circulation and collation of evaluation forms for Service Bulletins, Component Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and other Regulatory and manufacturers publications for presentation at Technical Review Meetings.
- Technical Review Meeting chairperson, production and circulation of minutes; Compilation, evaluation and presentation of monthly Reliability Reports and Component Reliability Reports; Compilation, evaluation and circulation of daily Repetitive Defect Reports.
- Production of Base Maintenance Workspecs and Materials Requirement Sheet for AD's, SB's, etc.
- Assisting in the development of the approved Maintenance Programmes with reference to aircraft manufacturers instructions, regulatory requirements and in service experience.
- Monitoring and evaluation of defects in order to ensure correct troubleshooting and defect clearance.
- Assisting in the evaluation of processes that improve system reliability in conjunction with the aircraft manufacturers, equipment manufacturers/suppliers (including components), this includes SB's, CSB's, AD's, SL's and any other supplier documentation.
- Maintaining a database of information / history relevant to each aircraft and its systems/components that includes modification data, structural repair records and OEM SB's, SL's & AD's; Notification of embodiment to the manufacturer.
- Providing assistance with investigations arising from ASR's, MOR's etc.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of processes and procedures required for the technical operation of the aircraft fleets.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience/ Knowledge / Skills
- Engineering Degree (EASA or equivalent B2 or B1 as alternative)
- Minimum of 3 years management experience within aircraft maintenance and engineering
- EASA or equivalent B2 or B1 as alternative
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.