Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
The purpose of this job is to undertake investigations of any internal/external incident of fraud.
- Identify, investigate, analyze and evaluate instances of potential fraud and abuse
- Receive, review and analyze information, physical documentation, electronic data, voice and video evidence, associated with allegations of fraud and/or unethical behavior in order to identify fraud
- Conduct interviews, gather and preserve evidence in a professional and methodical manner and maintenance of comprehensive investigation files, both physical and electronic
- Investigate both internal and external fraud cases in a timely manner and ensure fraud losses are within the banks risk appetite
- Liaise with the Police, other public authorities, and the bank's Legal and Compliance team to report and deal with any fraud cases as required
- Undertake Whistleblower investigations as assigned by the Chief Compliance Officer
- Monitor staff account for unusual transactions and obtain further clarification on the transaction. Based on the response take a decision to conduct further investigation or close the alert.
- Support legal proceedings as needed including testifying in Courts
- Respond to statement verification requests from various foreign Embassies in UAE
- Investigate and resolve fraud cases in a timely manner and ensure fraud losses are within the banks risk appetite
- Provide oversight on the pre-employment screening process and take appropriate action in co-ordination with HR
- Ensure fraud investigation reports are issued in a timely manner for cases investigated.
- Develop and recommend mitigating controls to be implemented for the identified control weaknesses during investigations
- Prepare monthly MIS for cases investigated and management dashboard
- Ensure fraud reporting to Central Bank is done as per the required guidelines
- Provide SME support to the wider business on matters related to fraud
- Must be a graduate with experience of systems-based applications, and data interrogation
- Well versed with banking systems, concepts, banking best practices Certification in investigations or similar work.
- Minimum of 5 year experience in financial institutions as an investigator. Preference to be given to experience with law enforcement agencies
- Good command of English language.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Report writing skills
- Time Management skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.