Job description / Role
Manager Front Office LEGOLAND Dubai Hotel
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine. Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
The Front Office Manager is responsible for, and will oversee, the Front of House areas / functions of the Hotel.
- Leading the Front Office team in welcoming guests to the hotel through the arrival process, departure process and all other services required throughout the guests' stay.
- Develop and lead a positive, professional and strong team, with a focus on guest satisfaction, quality of service and delivery and development of a high level of skills. Act as a role model in leading this through The Merlin Way.
- Ensure all queries and complaints are dealt with accordingly and exceed guests' expectations along the way.
Business Impact/ Results
- Monitor and review all activities in the Front Office areas to ensure there is adequate cover to reduce guest waiting times, maximize efficiency and friendly service, cleanliness, health and safety (e.g. luggage blocking areas, safety of children etc.
- Continually review guest waiting times and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure all Health and Safety documentation is recorded and up to date, including risk assessments.
- Ensure all cleaning is executed accordingly and to the correct standard.
- Monitoring of night staff performance.
- Communicate with Revenue Manager in terms of accuracy of night audit and other revenue related checks.
- Monitor and review guest feedback to identify and influence any guest satisfaction or additional revenue generating activity.
- Explore and feedback any other sales opportunities and revenue streams.
- Review service flow to ensure maximum efficiency and reduce time taken to manage guest interactions, speed of check in and check out, etc.
- Work closely with the Director - LEGOLAND Hotel in terms of striving to achieve the wider hotel objectives
- Update the Hotel Operations Manager on any operational issues in a timely manner, ensuring the earliest possible resolution and appropriate support in times of need.
- Deliver motivational and inspiration daily team briefs to ensure the team is up to date with any current issues and information they may need to be aware of.
- Establish a consistent way of communicating information to all employees in a 24 hour operation.
Decision Making and Autonomy
- Monitor and review operation of the department and implement changes to improve efficiency.
Applied Knowledge and Specialist Skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Lead by example while being a role model for the Merlin Way
- Impact and influencing skills
- Effective management of budget.
- Effective use of department resources.
- Ensure there is adequate fire cover every night.
- Provide a balanced level of support and leadership to both the day and night teams in the hotel.
- Empower the relevant members of the team to make decisions in order to resolve guest issues and ensure a positive outcome.
- Ensure team and department costs are kept within agreed budget.
- Ensure the whole team has a clear understanding of the exact nature of their roles and the importance of positive energy.
- Provide the relevant information, tools and training to the appropriate teams in order for them to deliver a high level of guest service.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Creative ideas for delivery of guest satisfaction and operational targets.
- Act as an incident controller to provide support and recovery to the Hotel.
- Coordination of all rescue and evacuation activities for the hotel.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve difficult guest situations which result in a positive outcome.
Health & Safety
Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- 3 - 5 years of successful experience in a front desk management position within a comparable hotel with 24 hour reception required
- Proficiency with Opera is essential
- Experience managing a team of direct reports with a proven track record of motivating a team to provide excellent guest service.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Manager - Front Office