Job description / Role
Job Purpose Manages Airline Company’s accounts for all non-operational & non - technical costs, ensuring compliance with approved accounting standards and procedures. Manages revenue and cost accounting for Subsidiary companies. Interacts with internal and external parties such as government departments, banks, auditors, GSAs and suppliers in order to facilitate or resolve function-related matters as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Manages Company’s accounts for all non-operational & non - technical costs & related activities in coordination with Stakeholders and external parties ensuring timeliness and accuracy in executing and recording all transactions such as payments, returns, retention and reporting as well as compliance with requirements and regulations.
• Manages General Ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, suspense accounts etc. to ensure financial transaction are posted & recorded accurately.
• Delivers IFRS compliant, audited and consolidated Financial statements.
• Responsible for consolidation of Financials for all group companies.
• Subject matter expert for implementation of integrated ERP system.
• Liaises and coordinates with the taxation function to contribute towards designing the taxation process flow & outputs.
• Manages supplier payments and ensures controls are in place for accurate payment in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
• Interacts and coordinates with Stakeholders, vendors, GSAs and others to support them with any queries on function-related matters.
• Utilizes and maintains available records to monitor Direct Sector Costs accounts and payments; on monthly basis, analyzes rates of components in purchase orders and invoices against previous purchases, and in accordance with agreed contracting terms to highlight variations.
• Coordinates with internal and external auditors on schedules to facilitate their audit reviews and ensure smooth inspection as per adopted procedures.
• Partners with Stakeholders to prepare budgets for the direct sector costs; compares actual costs versus estimates, analyses variations and highlights areas of difference on monthly basis.
• Communicates results to department heads to ensure proper budgeting and reasoning for any cost increase.
• Manages the skills and performance of the corresponding team with focus on knowledge sharing, process improvement as well as career enhancement.
• Motivates, coaches, mentors and monitors the overall performance of the team members to achieve high standards in delivering results.
• Agrees objectives and identify KPIs for the respective team members; ensures his/her subordinates are fully aware and knowledgeable of their targets.
• Provides on-going support and supervision to the team members to assist them achieve their goals and bridge any gaps identified.
• Ensures the available resources such as manpower, systems, tools and procedures are properly managed and utilized to achieve optimal productivity in line with Company’s financial objectives.
• Generates function related reports such as the MIS reports to be presented to Management on regular basis.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance/Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university.
• CA (Chartered Accountant) or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certificates are preferable.
• Professional certificates or trainings related to Ancillaries are considered an advantage.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office- Advanced Excel, Access, Word, Power Point skills, Internet and Web Search.
• Cost Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Auditing certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
• Fluent in English Language.
• 7+ years of experience in corporate finance/accounting with a minimum of 3 years in Airlines Industry in a managerial or senior role leading a team is a pre-requisite.
• He/she must have worked in a mid-sized organization operating on a regional/multinational level, preferably in Airlines/Travel/Tourism industry; experience with low-cost airline would be an advantage.
• Knowledge & experience of applying IFRS is a pre-requisite
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge in financial control and accounting fundamentals such as SFAS (Statements of Financial Accounting Concepts);
• Strong math and numerical reasoning ability and high accuracy are mandatory for this role.
• Experienced in a computerized accounting environment with an exposure on financial models and the new technologies in the industry.
• Excellent financial, analytical and reporting skills; Capable of meeting deadlines without compromising quality of outcome.
• Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying irregularities and recommending corrective measures; High attention to details, confidentiality, and ability to adhere to procedures and set measures are a must.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.